I just bought my teachers old Vantage guitar, I've tried Google and I cant find the the model, and the model number is worn down. I'd like to know a bit about it.. Because all i know is that i bought it for a great deal ($250) with a hard case, and that it plays really nice and has a better sound than most of the guitars i have been looking at.. Its got an original floyd rose, and the stock pickups still, they sound nice, but i'm looking to putting a sustain pickup over the neck pickup.

anyone else have a vantage guitar? I've only seen a few other people with one but not the same model as mine... anyone help please?

Here's pics

He sold it because he has a Gibson Les Paul standard and he hasnt used it in 3 years. The strings were very rusty lol it took forever to take them off, one gored me@

Emotion = true music

Gear

Vantage 718dt-1
Epi Special II
Crate V Series 212 18w
Fuzz Factory
MXR Phase 90
ive got a really cheap feeling Vantage. its the same shape as yours but has a shitty bridge, cheap sounding pickups (or wiring, never bothered to check).

this is the first time ive ever seen anyone mention vantage at all and tbh i thought they were likely a cheap brand.
the only other vantage guitar I've ever seen was my buddy's arched top one that looks alot like your except the finish is a stain and it had a more basic bridge. nice ax though dude, I really like obscure guitars like these.
Quote by tfrost1988
the only other vantage guitar I've ever seen was my buddy's arched top one that looks alot like your except the finish is a stain and it had a more basic bridge. nice ax though dude, I really like obscure guitars like these.
thanks. Yeah i love the fact that its unique. Personally i think its got a much thicker tone than most ibanez's i was i was looking at, and the neck feels like a tele almost but it sounds way... different

I need to fix the intonation though, is that something i should pay for professional or is it really that much harder to intonate(lol) than a fixed bridge?

Emotion = true music

Gear

Vantage 718dt-1
Epi Special II
Crate V Series 212 18w
Fuzz Factory
MXR Phase 90
I would do it professionally, especially the first time. They can make sure the neck isn't warped and thats behind you're innotation problems, and FR are a pain in the ass anyway. Ha
The guitar you bought sold for about 300.00 back in the late 80's. A store I used to frequent sold them - along with Series 10. For some reason I think they may have been distributed by the same place - could be wrong on that one.

I would be surprised if it came with a real Floyd and not some sort of licenced copy. If it did, I would keep the Floyd and sell the guitar.

I had a Vantage 335 style when I was a kid and it wasn't that great.

For the money you payed I probably would have bought something else but as long as you like it congrats.
i saw an add for that guitar in one of my dads 1980 guitar world mags lol
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
Quote by ac/dc752
i saw an add for that guitar in one of my dads 1980 guitar world mags lol

then the Floyd def is not original because they didn't ave fine tuners until around 1982.
im thinkin the toggles are: Coil Split, then individual on/off for each pickup. I have my strat set up the same way.
Quote by SenorSmiley
then the Floyd def is not original because they didn't ave fine tuners until around 1982.

It is an original Floyd rose... and it has fine tuners..

Emotion = true music

Gear

Vantage 718dt-1
Epi Special II
Crate V Series 212 18w
Fuzz Factory
MXR Phase 90
Vantage make some REALLY GREAT GUITARS , they have a cheaper line now but the older ones I've seen were all economical upper end , like the invader I own and the LP a friend had .
Play and sound as good as much higher priced and the vantage strat I have has a unique character of strat sound
Vantage shut down the Japan plant in the late 80s and the korian plant in the mid 90s they don't make any guitars anymore.
They weren't even making guitars when this thread was started 6 years ago.