I'm going to try and get store credit for my amp as it's a spider lmao. I only really use headphones so I was thinking a POD X3 Live and not bother with an amp until I have enough money to set up a good rig.
Yes? No? Others?
Pod X3, don't bother with the live, especialy if your only using it with headphones.
I want one too. Yeah the Pod Xt Live is good too but Im gonna pay the extra $100 for the x3. You get inputs for bass or another guitar or a mic. so I def gonna get it. The whole dual amp feature is stinkin awesome
what i would do is trade in the spider for the pod, then i think you should trade in one of ur guitars for an epiphone valve junior or something along those lines. the VJ would be great for running ur pod x3 through if u ever jam with some people or wanna play through an amp.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by turbulenced
Pod X3, don't bother with the live, especialy if your only using it with headphones.

I hear it's not as solidly built. I also like the WahWah

Quote by KeNnYVaNhAlEn89
I want one too. Yeah the Pod Xt Live is good too but Im gonna pay the extra $100 for the x3. You get inputs for bass or another guitar or a mic. so I def gonna get it. The whole dual amp feature is stinkin awesome

I'm thinking about the x3 lol

Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
what i would do is trade in the spider for the pod, then i think you should trade in one of ur guitars for an epiphone valve junior or something along those lines. the VJ would be great for running ur pod x3 through if u ever jam with some people or wanna play through an amp.

Trading in the spider
Going to get a minarik inferno =)
No amp. If I ever need an amp for gigging, I've got a fender bullet 150 at my dad's. And when I do start gigging, I'll get a popper amp.
Last edited by jacobparker at Sep 23, 2008,
Quote by turbulenced

this. and if you ever need to be able to switch everything by foot, u could get the floorboard or the little floorboard that has 4 switches
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
this. and if you ever need to be able to switch everything by foot, u could get the floorboard or the little floorboard that has 4 switches

Floor board = £100, The difference between live and non live is £50.
I have an X3 Live and it's a good unit. But depending on your skill level, you might consider getting a unit that has a drum or rhythm machine. Playing with drums is an important practice aid. I also have a GNX3 that I picked up on eBay recently for $100. It has an 8 track recorder and rhythm machine. The GNX4 has an 8 track recorder and MIDI playback. So you could put MIDI backing tracks right on the unit.