Hey, I was wanting to buy a Boss TR-2 Tremolo pedal, and I was wondering if Ebay would be my cheapest/safest option. Also, is there another Tremolo that would be cheaper and as good? I'm looking to use it in a rock setting, so stuff like this (in the intro)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g76HLHzobDc
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Yes.

If your unsure, check their feedback.

Also your pretty safe if you pay by PayPal
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Quote by Donkey Fly
Yes.

I've actually seen scammers who have positive feedback. I saw a user selling fake guitars and they had something crazy like 98% positive and there were actually a good number of people that had rated that user.
I bought damn near all my gear on ebay, so yeah it's safe. Just use paypal to pay and check feedback on the sellers, make sure people who bought from them said that what they purchased was accurately listed.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
I've actually seen scammers who have positive feedback. I saw a user selling fake guitars and they had something crazy like 98% positive and there were actually a good number of people that had rated that user.

that's true also so it helps to know about the product you're trying to purchase, and if a deal looks too good to be true it is..
It's safe, though I did get the clap from that one mail order hooker....
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Donkey Fly
Yes.

Make sure to use PayPal. If the price sounds too good to be true then it might be a scam. Research the product thoroghly and read the description carefully. I've bought alot of stuff through ebay and haven't had any problems.
I'd have to say it's safe. I bought my Laney on eBay, it was in incredible condition for a very good price. Of course it depends on the seller, but just read their feedback.
depends. you need to be very careful, do you homework, and ask lots of questions (and for pics). i haven't been scammed yet, but it pays to be cautious. if you aren't 100% certain it's safe, avoid.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
as everyone says, it is safe if you know what it is you are looking at and know what its worth. then if the person has good feedback and is upfront about everything, then you should be fine if you pay with paypal.

as for other tremolo pedals in that price range, the ehx stereo micro pulsar and the rocktron pulse are in that range. havent tried the rocktron, but the name sticks out in my mind as something that was reviewed positively by someone. for an extra $50 new the voodoo labs tremolo is supposed to be pretty nice and used would be cheaper still.
it's very safe. i use one rule, though:
if it looks too good to be true, it is.

always, always, read the fine print.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Maybe build the EA tremolo from GGG? Pretty cheap and it's supposed to be an easy build with a really good pedal at the end of the day.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I ordered my guitar from a store (TheFretStore) on eBay.
And i got my Peavey Valveking from eBay a few months ago.

Really, there's no definate answer. You've just got to know what you're doing.
O O

___