Ok so im no computer expert so bear with me. How do i record my guitar onto my laptop ? I have a Dell inspirion 1525 laptop, don't ask me about specifications, i aint got a clue what they mean. All i know is it has a Duel core processor and it has windows vista.
M Audio Fasttrack + Reaper/Audacity/KRISTAL. Connect the Fasttrack to your computer through USB, and the guitar to the Fasttrack.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
You'll probably want to look into an audio interface.
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
yea the fast track, Inspire 1394 or Toneport GX would all work. If you want to mic your amp I suggest the inspire interface since it has good preamps in it and the firewire connection is nice to deal with...IMO
If you have USB only go with a USB2.0 interface like the EMU 0202 or 0404 USB.
Ok so i bought the m-audio usb interface. Ive just tried to install the drivers and it is telling me i can't install because i only have a 32 bit system and i need a 64 bit. Is there anything i can buy for a 32 bit laptop ? Just wasted £55 on Ebay.
Quote by davidskan1
Ok so i bought the m-audio usb interface. Ive just tried to install the drivers and it is telling me i can't install because i only have a 32 bit system and i need a 64 bit. Is there anything i can buy for a 32 bit laptop ? Just wasted £55 on Ebay.

You installed the wrong drivers. I'll link the right ones in a sec...

Here. In general, look under Support in their website and choose the right operating system.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

Ok thank you. Im really enjoying using this but im just wondering if there is a way of reducing the humming noise through the ear phones. It's abit load.
Also is there a way i can connect my amp to the device ? I want to up the gain for a rock sound.
1. What's the amp? Does it have a headphone out, or just a speaker out? The latter means you'll have to buy a certain DI box (it's $20...don't worry). The best results, of course, would be miking the amp, though that would cost ~$100.
2. Stick this in between your headphones and the device, and connect with 1/4" cable (monoprice and Sweetwater are good places to get it). It could also be bad A/C current...this could work too, but is a bit more money.
Quote by keiron_d

Ive actually just found out there is distortion effect built into the softwear. Thank you for all of your help.