Like the title says but there is a question, what does the watt matter? You can see like 75 watt and then 150 watt... what is the diffrence?

Also what does it mean if it is like a 200W Base 4x12 Cabinet, I mean, what does it mean if it is a cabinet?

And one final question, I am in a band and I need to get the sound over the drums, how much do I need to get over the drums?

-Gulli05
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X
A cabinet needs a head to be played through, or a combo amp with a speaker out.

My guitarist uses a 100w 2x12'' combo and is heard over the drums just fine i would suggest something with 2 speakers, because you will get more volume out of them.
you do not get more volume out of more speakers, volume comes from the amplifer. If you were to buy an amplifier (head) you would need a speaker cab (cabinet that houses the speakers but will not amplify the signal by itself, needs to be driven by the amp). Other wise you are looking at a combo amp which is essentially the amplifier and the speakers built into a single unit. As far as wattage(power) goes it depends on if you're looking for tube or solid state... this is something you need to do a little research on... How much head room do you want? whats more important cleans/dirty sounds? What kind of distortion, hi gain or fuzz/overdrive
^What wyantsm said.
Well for metal you would likely need a 50 watt combo (tube) to have some headroom and no power tube saturation at gig volume.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
100 watts is 100 watts whether it be through 2 12" speakers or 8 12" speakers. The only difference is that the 8 12" speakers will move more air giving a more percussive effect. Most combo's have an open back design (the only closed back combo I can think of is the 5150) and most cabinets have a closed back design both have their own tonal characteristics, no one can tell you which is better because you have to figure that out on your own. Wattage needed depends on a couple of things also, size of the room being played, kind of amp(ss or tube). In general a 50 watt tube amp should be more than enough to cover most anything.
Alright, thanks for the comments, time to check out new amps
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X