I'm thinking of getting a new guitar and i can't decide wether to buy a les paul or a telecaster. Both are amazing guitars and if i could afford it, i would buy both of them

but anyway, i would like your help to make up my mind about this. so what do you think? telecaster or lespaul? wich les paul model? wich telecaster model? ( i have my favorites but i would like to hear your opinion )

Money won't be a problem i've been saving a long time for this!

Thanks!
i play classic rock like zeppelin, stones, queen, hendrix... you knowwhat i mean. and i will be playing on a fender hot rod deluxe amp
I agree with lefthandman, a tele with the humbucker would work perfect.
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
personally, i don't like either. les pauls are insanely expensive and not worth THAT much money. telecasters have very odd body shape that is uncomfortable to play. i prefer a strat because they hold up amazing with low gain and clean tones, and can hold up ok with all other types of tones, are very comfortable, and have a whammy bar. i don't mean to dissuade you from getting either but i'm just giving my 2 cents on your question.
Quote by madshatter
personally, i don't like either. les pauls are insanely expensive and not worth THAT much money. telecasters have very odd body shape that is uncomfortable to play. i prefer a strat because they hold up amazing with low gain and clean tones, and can hold up ok with all other types of tones, are very comfortable, and have a whammy bar. i don't mean to dissuade you from getting either but i'm just giving my 2 cents on your question.

Crap, a tele is just as comfy as a strat, the only shape difference, is the top horn, and it doesn't really make palying more or less comfy
Quote by telemetal
Crap, a tele is just as comfy as a strat, the only shape difference, is the top horn, and it doesn't really make palying more or less comfy

it is a bit bigger and doesn't have the contour to it like a strat does. it is just my opinion...
I'm pretty sure a strat would probably be best....but since you want a tele or a LP, I'm gonna suggest the '72 RI American Deluxe Tele, just cause it those bands are pretty bluesy, and the Tele will do blues better.

i suggest the '72 RI because I dislike everyother tele that I played besides that one.

but personally I prefer the Epi LP ('56 goldtop, or the standard) over the Tele
Can't afford both, eh?
Pick any of these 3 Teles

and any AL-3000 or above model that you want on this page.

Your total should be cheaper than a Gibson LP Studio. And, believe me, all of them are great quality.

BOOM!! I work magic.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
if you told us your budget we could pick the right guitar....
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Go to your local music store. Play not only Les Pauls and Telecasters, but everything in your budget. See what sounds the best. See what the feels the best. If something is just oh-so-comfortable, but it doesn't sound as good as you think it good, no worries. Pick-up change. Considering how general you are being, we won't provide much of a service.
For me, I'd go get an LP, but if your into blues, go for a Strat or ES-335.
Strats for low budget,
ES-335 for high budget.
this: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Artist-Series-J5-Triple-Tele-Deluxe-Electric-Guitar-512571-i1173143.gc

you cant go wrong with this tele.

Triple humbuckers, and a trem, chrome hardware, plus a 3 way switch.

thread/
Quote by RU Experienced?
See the FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU- thread, he's a God amongst men.

^^ about me

Confucius once say: "Women is like jazz music, 3/4 jazz time, 1/4 ragtime."

This is my sig, get over it. ಠ_ಠ
It just depends on what style you play. I see people are telling you to get the tele with humbuckers, but if you're gonna get a guitar w/ humbuckers then i would just go with the les paul. I personally love Les Pauls, they have a great feel and sound like no other guitar, but thats just my opinion.
Quote by Gfa
I'm thinking of getting a new guitar and i can't decide wether to buy a les paul or a telecaster. Both are amazing guitars and if i could afford it, i would buy both of them

but anyway, i would like your help to make up my mind about this. so what do you think? telecaster or lespaul? wich les paul model? wich telecaster model? ( i have my favorites but i would like to hear your opinion )

Money won't be a problem i've been saving a long time for this!

Thanks!
Yes! Get both!

That's like saying tits or ass. They're both great but for different reasons and people are gonna be split about 1/2 and 1/2 on which one they prefer. If you like how one sounds and feels more, get that.
thats a tough choice... you cant really compare the two because they are just two different realms, i got one of each... but i do feel every guitar player should own a les paul, a tele, and a strat atleast sometime in their lives
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
if it could help by telling you how much money i had, i converted them into US dollars and landed somewhere on 2500. that's what i have to spend ( maybe that's enough to buy them both in the US, but not in sweden )

and i have been to the music store several times, playing both of them until my fingers bleed. but i still cant decide! so i appreciate all the advice i can get...
which models did you play?

Quote by LPstudioWRz28
thats a tough choice... you cant really compare the two because they are just two different realms, i got one of each... but i do feel every guitar player should own a les paul, a tele, and a strat atleast sometime in their lives

I feel that every guitar player should own a LP, a Mustang, and a Jag. HA!
i've played a lot of models, and not so suprising, they're all great. but the ones that i like the most is actually the telecaster deluxe and the 57 goldtop as Redsox4ever5955 and Swap-Meet suggested for me earlier...
Quote by Gfa
i've played a lot of models, and not so suprising, they're all great. but the ones that i like the most is actually the telecaster deluxe and the 57 goldtop as Redsox4ever5955 and Swap-Meet suggested for me earlier...

It's cause I'm just that damn good....well not really.....but anyways that's kinda strange cause the tele has a pretty thick neck + it's a maple fretboard and looks pretty ugly (better than any other tele, but still ugly imo) and the goldtop is really thin + has a rosewood fretboard + looks really cool & sparkly.

I say if you like them both equally go for the goldtop, i think it's about half the price.
haha, yeah, i know they're different in the shapes and stuff but i still get that feeling like you never wants to stop play, with both of them, regardless the shapes. maybe that is kinda strange, but i'm kinda strange myself, so i guess that makes it equal
Also, keep in mind that teles will (generally) be made of alder, a punchier sounding wood, and les pauls have maybe mahogany bodies (don't hold me on that) with maple tops. Also, since les pauls are carved top, the strings are farther up off the body which i had to get used to.

Seeing what you play, i'd recommend a tele. However, a strat would be good too.
The 62' Tele reisue would be great in my opinion. other than the nashville i think its the only tele with a rosewood fretboard and it has the white body binding which i think completely makes the guitar. through the amp your using you could get anything from clapton to the beach boys.