I just bought a printer which I put in my bedroom, and my sister would like to get an acces to it... I mean, she would like to print something from her computer, in her room... how can we actually do that...does it have anything to do with my IP address (would also like to know how to get it?!?!?!?!)
thxs in advance
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
Ibanez VBT700
Ibanez SZ320
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Crafter D8/N
Peavey Transtube Bandit 112
Peavey Grind Bass 5 BXP NTB
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby
yes...it doesnt tell anywhere
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
Ibanez VBT700
Ibanez SZ320
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Crafter D8/N
Peavey Transtube Bandit 112
Peavey Grind Bass 5 BXP NTB
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby
I don't think your IP has anything to do with it, but whatismyip.com will give you your IP address if you need it.
unless you've got some fancy network printer stuff (in which case: RTFM)

on the computer with the printer in Windows XP go to the Printer settings folder thing -> right click on the printer -> properties -> sharing -> share this printer

and on the other computer go to the same place click on the "add new printer" on the left and choose network printer and browse the local network for the printer you want to add
First of all you don't need teh interbuttz to find out your IP. You can find it in several ways, though I prefer to press windows button + R, type CMD and type IPconfig in the window that pops up.

Secondly you should be able to share your printer by right clicking on it in the printer settings under the control panel. Don't remember what exactly you must do, but there should be something called "Sharing" or something similar.

EDIT:
Or do what Seljer said.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
you can also get your IP by going "Start -> Run -> type cmd -> type ipconfig". this will list information about your current network adress(es).

To share a printer, simply enter the control panel, open the "Printers & Faxes" setting, chose the printer you want shared, and right-click -> properties.
Under the tab "Sharing", check the radiobox named "Share this printer". Voila!

As for you sister, tell her to go to controlpanel -> printers & faxes -> right-click -> add printer -> radiobox that says network-printer -> search for printer.
This should give you a list of all available printers on the network. You _should_ find it here, but sometimes they don't show up here, depending on how your network is setup.
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
Quote by SinnaSatan
This should give you a list of all available printers on the network. You _should_ find it here, but sometimes they don't show up here, depending on how your network is setup.

if its not set up, go to start->settings->network connections and click the "Set up a home or small office network" thing and just follow the instructions
repeat on the other computer
if it's a fancy printer, you can probably plug it into your router/switch whatever. Turn it on and it should request IP from the router. then you should be able to see the IP in printers settings if it has display or print the configuration. the IP would be something like 192.168.1.X or 10.1.10.X. I don't use windows, but I remember then you needed to add network printer from control panel and enter the IP which you printer got. If it's a regular printer, you should be able to 'share' it