so my friend does not like van halen and i asked him why and he said that they sound to generic(sorta like ac/dc)where all the songs sound the same. neone else think this?
When I buy my wife, at first she cook good, her vagine worked well, she strong on plow, but three years later when she was fifteen, she receive hair on her chest, her voice become deep, "BORAT, BORAT", and her vagine hang like sleeve of wizard
ha i love van halen but everyone i know says eddy sucks as a guitarist.... i dotn get why....
Clocks tick. Your days are numbered in low digits.
You look suspicious - suspect niggas is bitches,
Get chopped up, grade-A meat, somethin' delicious
in my opinion hes in the top 3 as a guitarist
When I buy my wife, at first she cook good, her vagine worked well, she strong on plow, but three years later when she was fifteen, she receive hair on her chest, her voice become deep, "BORAT, BORAT", and her vagine hang like sleeve of wizard
van halen rulz! acdc doesnt that generic neither does van halen
eddie is the best guitarist ever (second to hendrix) he started all the "shred guitar"
van halen are the best with david lee roth! not that homo sammy hagar
I wouldn't call them generic. They have their own thing (even if Eddie's "own thing" is very much like Jeff Beck...), I just never liked it.

I'm not into shred solos really, and I just can't take any band with David Lee Roth jumping around all over the place seriously.
Hey, I'm Mike.
Quote by doompers7491
so my friend does not like van halen and i asked him why and he said that they sound to generic(sorta like ac/dc)where all the songs sound the same. neone else think this?

I am afraid your friend needs to listen to more of both. Iam sure he means well but that soudns like a statement that can only some from someone who needs to work ob their ear....love them or not fact is, they sound nothing alike.
Quote by keithmoon15
ha i love van halen but everyone i know says eddy sucks as a guitarist.... i dotn get why....

I much prefer Eddie as a rhythm player. His solos can be meandering and harsh, but his riffs and chorus playing are often spot on.

I think that much of the backlash against EVH comes from the fact that he is incredibly arrogant and has a huge ego. One only has to read a single interview with him to see this.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
Last edited by Cptbeefheart at Sep 24, 2008,
tell him he is an idiot and then move on with your life knowing that you are a superior being.
98% of people have read that stupid 98% teens and alcohol sig, put this in your sig if you like getting hammered.

Thats it.
Quote by freebird_17
tell him he is an idiot and then move on with your life knowing that you are a superior being.

Hey, I'm Mike.
Quote by Van Hayden
van halen rulz! acdc doesnt that generic neither does van halen
eddie is the best guitarist ever (second to hendrix) he started all the "shred guitar"
van halen are the best with david lee roth! not that homo sammy hagar

I actually prefer Sammy Hagar to David Lee Roth.
I think Halen is Over rated... But that's just me so I wouldn't attack me Respect my opinion and I will to your's except if it's dealing with Van Halen in the Top 10 lol
When The Power Of Love Overcomes The Love Of Power The World Will Know Peace - Jimi Hendrix

Fender '60s Reverse Headstock Strat
Epiphone G-310 SG
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
RP250 DigiTech Effects Pedal
DigiTech Jimi Hendrix Experience Pedal
I only listen to 1984, and I think it's a fantastic album.
Van halens got some guitar skills but the guys just a homo im sorry. He's way to full of himself and although his solos are quick, they just dont ever seem to hit the spot for me
Quote by KeeF23
Van halens got some guitar skills but the guys just a homo im sorry. He's way to full of himself and although his solos are quick, they just dont ever seem to hit the spot for me

His riffs and such are very good and unique, but I know what you're saying, all of his solos aren't very satisfying.

But I really do love Van Halen and EVH is a great guitarist.
Quote by zObiPhiOn
I came at the

-"Oh Lars, seek and destroy my backside"
-"yeah Kirk ride my lightning!"

██████████████████████___________██████████████████████
______________________███████████████████
██████████████████████___________██████████████████████
just about every song sounds the same to me...
QUEEN+PAUL RODGERS 3/10/06
roger waters 9/8/06
the who 9/16/06
eric clapton 10/03/06
the who 12/2/06
Mika 6/13/07
Rush 6/27/07
Roger waters 7/10/07
Elton John 3/??/08
The Who 10/24/08
Iron Maiden 04/02/09
Iron Maiden 07/12/10
I think that if David Lee Roth was here right now, all of you who said that Van Halen is overrated would get the most massive scissor kick right to the jugular. VH rules!
David lee roth is the best van halen singer haggar and cherone together couldn't beat dave , he is a one of a kind frontman.
Anybody who was around at the time knows Eddie Van Haelen took the guitar playing world by storm and turned it upside down!! Nobody was playing like that!! Eruption goes all the way back to the early-mid 70's. Who else was even close to sounding like that??
Of all the players I've seen here in Las Vegas in the last 2 years, I have yet to see one who Didn't eventually use a technique, or play a chop that WASN'T a result of Eddie Van Halen's influence on guitar playing. I dont see many other guitarists out there who can stand close to that achievement!! If you don't like Van Halen, thats cool, but just remember that your favorite guitar player was probably influenced by Eddie Van Halen, somewhere in his life................