I'm giving my brother my Dean because he wants to start playing and I need a new guitar. I can only use $150ish because my parents are very strict on all things money related. I play rock, classic rock, blues, metal.

Here's is a list of stuff I found on craigslist

Squier Strat for $75. It's the HSS Version
Epiphone SG Special for $110
Old Schecter Omen 6 with stop piece for $160
Jackson JS1 Dinky for $130 w/HSC

Any of those good? I wouldn't think so but just showing all of my options. I was also thinking of just buying a guitar from Rondo Music instead.
Guitars
Douglas WRL595, ESP LTD EC-50, 60's Partscaster
Amps
Peavey Valveking 112 w/Vet30
Pedals
Fender Starcaster Chorus ,MXR Classic Overdrive, Artec 8 Band Equalizer, Digitech Hardwire Delay
The squier sounds like the best choice, imo.

and +1 to to buy used!
O O

___
Quote by TheBax
The squier sounds like the best choice, imo.

and +1 to to buy used!

I was thinking about talking him down a bit too but are affinitys (I'm assuming it's one) any good? Would it be better than a new SX strat from Rondo Music?
Guitars
Douglas WRL595, ESP LTD EC-50, 60's Partscaster
Amps
Peavey Valveking 112 w/Vet30
Pedals
Fender Starcaster Chorus ,MXR Classic Overdrive, Artec 8 Band Equalizer, Digitech Hardwire Delay
Affinity Squiers are usually the recommended ones here.

Probably.... SXs aren't that good. I haven't personally played one, and i've heard mixed reviews about them, but the best thing to do would be to try one out if you can. They just look cheap, imo.

If you could extend your budget to $200($199, to be exact) you could get an Agile AL-2000... which is a very good guitar for the price.
O O

___
Quote by Dmoney760
Sg Get It Trust Me You Wont Regret It ;]

At that price he'd regret it for life.

Seriously dude, you won't buy anything that'll last you at that price.
get the schecter

its a good guitar, and its a really good price, considering the fact that they go for $300+

they sound pretty good, and you wont regret it
Quote by RU Experienced?
See the FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU- thread, he's a God amongst men.

^^ about me

Confucius once say: "Women is like jazz music, 3/4 jazz time, 1/4 ragtime."

This is my sig, get over it. ಠ_ಠ
Why would you give your brother your guitar and then buy a crappier one for yourself? ...
Gear
Jackson Dinky DKMGT Transparent Black
I bought a Epi Lp Special II, and it's sh!t. Don't know how the sg specials are tho, but I'm assuming they're more or less along the same quality lines as mine. Crap. I had a Affinity Fat Strat, and it was very good for the price. I'd recommend one of those. Had good feel, pickups weren't bad, and it didn't go out of tune very often(even when divebombing).
All of the above is stated IMHO
good luck
Quote by Copilot911
Why would you give your brother your guitar and then buy a crappier one for yourself? ...

Obviously the TS is a pretty good dude.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by scott58
Obviously the TS is a pretty good dude.

I would rather spend the $150 on a guitar for my brother who might not even continue playing then give him my better guitar.
Gear
Jackson Dinky DKMGT Transparent Black