So it's my senior year at high school and i feel it's about time i started taking some chances. Not a whole lot of people know me very well even though i've spent 4 years with them. I'm not very talkative or anything either. I'm wondering if I start saying hey to people i haven't talked to since forever and being outgoing and ya know, ask them how they're doing and stuff even though i normally would never talk to them, will that make me look like a "weirdo" and too needy of a friend or will it seem like i'm a nice friendly guy?

opinions would be appreciated.. ^_^
Well, I can't really give you sound advice because I'm not all that great at making friends either. The best advice I can give you is talk to everyone you meet and strike up conversations which you both seem interested in. People like pleasant people but keep in mind that not everyone will want to stick with you. For the most part, there will be people who will like you and start to ask you out.
When you mention, "haven't spoken to for ages", may I ask why? If these are people you haven't spoken to because they "abandoned" you some while ago, I don't recommend going back to these people but rather start off fresh.

You may come off as too needy if you're very persistent so I would just give them a chance to ask you out or see you. If they don't come back, chances are they don't really give a damn about you (harsh, I know but truth). This is a sign to move on and stop wasting your time with people who don't seem all that bothered with forming a friendship with you.

EDIT: About being nice: be warned, the vast majority of people won't return your kindness. There are a lot of assholes out there who are just self-centered so again, if they don't come back to you, just forget them.

Oh and @ the question: Outgoing people are all relative. You can't really say that all outgoing people are jerks. Some are and some aren't.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Sep 23, 2008,
Do it, its your senior year, I used the excuse that I was never gonna see most people again and I did as much as I could, seriously, have fun and be outgoing and be the life of the party sort to speak.
Well if you can be funny its a huge help. doing funny shit is always fun.

Just start talking to people about stuff.

EDIT:

to answer ur question, ya u could come off as a jerk, theres a fine line between teasing and being a total asshole that you need to avoid crossing.
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
Nope. As long as you don't ask in that sarcastic, dickish tone you'll be fine.

Nice people = win.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
I'm outgoing and a jerk. I'd guess it's possible to just be one of those.
The quite guy who is trying to be outgoing always comes off as creepy and awkward. You can't fake being outgoing. Wait til college then re-invent yourself.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
if you talk to people and ber nice chances are they'll talk and be nice back. if they dont then they are assholes and no one likes an asshole anyway so no worries
Sig space available, give me some praise
who cares what people think of you?
Crue Forever!!

Quote by Eric 666
Your ass itches soooo much after you shave em...my God, I've TRIED, and its like...impossible to take them off completely.
Quote by NSixx136
who cares what people think of you?

Everyone cares no matter how hard you try to tell yourself otherwise. It's human nature.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by British_Steal
to answer ur question, ya u could come off as a jerk, theres a fine line between teasing and being a total asshole that you need to avoid crossing.

I learned this the hard way.
With teh wimminz.
i particularly dont mind, i mean i get along with a shit load of people, but then theres the people that dont like me and it doesnt bother me, i mean why waste time out of your day worrying about what people think of you when you could be doing something else, if they dont like you thats their problem
Crue Forever!!

Quote by Eric 666
Your ass itches soooo much after you shave em...my God, I've TRIED, and its like...impossible to take them off completely.
Quote by dannyniceboy
The quiet guy who is trying to be outgoing always comes off as creepy and awkward. You can't fake being outgoing. Wait til college then re-invent yourself.

+1^^
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
If you're genuinely nice, people will like you. It's impossible to dislike someone who's really outgoing; it's like kicking a puppy.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
^ too bad you didn't post that before i started typing.
it would have saved a bunch of bytes.

Quote by dannyniceboy
The quite guy who is trying to be outgoing always comes off as creepy and awkward. You can't fake being outgoing. Wait til college then re-invent yourself.

nah, not always. the tendency is there, but it doesn't have to be that way.

just be pleasant and polite, and move on. don't wait for a response, just be open to it.
don't be afraid to enjoy it when people take the time to talk with you.
that comes through in your facial expressions.
people respond to that.
and be sure to listen to what they have to say.

don't try to be popular.
do try to be the kind of person other people like to have around.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
well if someone was outgoing towards me I would be more than happy to converse or whatever even if I don't talk to them much normally, but you can definitely over do it. If you have tried talking to them a few times and it doesn't feel like you get a good response then don't be afraid to stop talking with them or else you start to become "that annoying guy I don't like that wont leave me alone".
Mr. Butlertron are you A handsome B smart C scrap metal or D all of the above
Scangrade thats easy I'm A and B but not C, so it can't be all of the above, but you can't fill in two ovals Nooo!
Mr. Butlertron the answer is C... you fuckwad