How does this sound? im in need of an amp real bad, and there is one of these on Ebay for cheap, and its a 212.

How heavy could it go? im looking to be able to play some CoB and BFMV, how would it work for that?
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
i dont want a 6505, but i was pretty much set on a XXX, but they're hard to come by. Should i keep waiting for the XXX, or...
Ibanez AEL 12-string

Not ideal, but i recon it could pull it off. Might need an OD pedal and scoop the mids or something. I quite like the marshall sound.. it wont be as good as the 5150 for that particular style or whatever but it would be... okay? I dont think you'd have a problem with it.
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
ur chugs will be a little loose.the tsl is great for held power chords, but lacks some clarity with palm muted 32s, atleast with my LP.. my jackson with an EMG is better for this, due to the higher output p/ups.. i dont really play too much metal anymore (atleast with my band) but im gonna get a tubescreamer anyways... u should look into some good tubes and a Tubescreamer type pedal..that should get some good tones. if u dont need cleans, go for the 5150/6505...or the JCM800 2203KK, its only a head though, i take it u want a combo...maybe look for a used mesa combo. F series, maybe Mark series if ur budget is fairly high. generally newer marshall arent great. i bought mine cuz it was 3 months old, for 800 bux. deal. and i will prolly be able to make about 200 bux if i go to sell it, if im lucky..but now im rambling, so i'll go away. good luck dude
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
well, i want a combo, and i only have $500 to work with and this stuck out because the auction ends in a day or two and its only one bid of $100 with no reserve. It seems like a damn sweet deal if i could get it for under $500, and really dont wanna get a 6505 because i really want 3 channels and decent cleans, which is what the XXX is great for.

I think i might just wait it out for the XXX, although im getting desperate for an amp =/
Ibanez AEL 12-string

Man, so ****in' glad I came into this thread!

I'm on the look-out for a new amp, just did some research on the Peavey 5150 from that guy's suggestion and checked some youtube vids, that is the perfect ****in' amp for me!!

To the original poster, check it out man, i'm looking for a similar tone and that amp is the beast.
the JCM TSL can get really heavy, but it seems like you are after more of a American voiced amp.

I love my TSL. I get any tone I damn well please and it sounds great. The TSL series doesn't really get any respect on these forums and that sucks ass. But oh well.

I think you would be happier with the XXX, if that is what you had your heart set on.

The biggest thing about great amps is...

Don't settle on something. Get what you really want and then you will never ask yourself later "why did I buy this?"
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus