I play a shit load of Hendrix stuff and I've always thought this Amp would do the Trick http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-MG100HDFX-and-MG412A-or-MG412B-Half-Stack?sku=482709 I don't have enough to get a full stack but yea... I know there's a Hendrix Tribute Amp but costs a shit load of $$$. Wouldn't this Amp be a good amp over all? I've always loved Marshall and want this because the Price isn't to bad and I'm in need of an Upgrade Thx
When The Power Of Love Overcomes The Love Of Power The World Will Know Peace - Jimi Hendrix

Fender '60s Reverse Headstock Strat
Epiphone G-310 SG
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
RP250 DigiTech Effects Pedal
DigiTech Jimi Hendrix Experience Pedal
Lol, Marshall MGs are really terrible amps. With that money you can get a decent tube amp. Fender Blues Junior with a Tube Screamer could get you decent Hendrix tone. Hope this helps!
an MG is the last thing you want if you want anyone tone at all
" Im so god damned horny the crack of dawn better be carefull around me."
- Tom Waits

Gear
Marshall Jcm900 50w Head
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender MIM Telecaster w/ rosewood neck&Emg's
EHX Holy Grail
Tone Bone Hot British
no!!!!!! DONT DO IT!! MG suck ass. get a fender blues junior and get his digitech signature pedal. that easy
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
What kind of Marshall would I be looking for then?
When The Power Of Love Overcomes The Love Of Power The World Will Know Peace - Jimi Hendrix

Epiphone G-310 SG
look at the crate palominos. they've got a pretty sweet Marshall- like tone.
My Gear:
Fender Stratocaster Deluxe HSS
Hagstrom HIIN
Crate Palomino V32H w/ matching cab.
Roland Cube 60
Roland Micro Cube
BOSS ME-20
Digitech Bad Monkey
Art and Lutherie acoustic
Quote by Jimi M. Hendrix

That's better but you're shooting darts right now.

budget?
new or used?
home or gig?
closest city?
gear now?
music styles (on top of Hendrix)?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
O M G

You know New thread's are for quick answers. Sometimes in old an continuing thread's people either discuss what other's have been talking about and just ignore your call

Epiphone G-310 SG
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
That's better but you're shooting darts right now.

budget?
new or used?
home or gig?
closest city?
gear now?
music styles (on top of Hendrix)?

budget? Part-Time Job could save up for it but I dunno...
new or used? Depend's... Whatever I feel like spending the $ on
home or gig? Home Hopefully gig someday
closest city? Well... I useally buy shit online I need to see what my local shop has
gear now? Crappy Small Marshall Amp If you are really wanting to know I can post a link

Epiphone G-310 SG
Quote by Jimi M. Hendrix
You know New thread's are for quick answers. Sometimes in old an continuing thread's people either discuss what other's have been talking about and just ignore your call

WRONG!

Quick answers? What is this a Help Desk. If you had spent 3 minutes searching on your amp in question you would have realized all the poor tone and reliablity issues it has. There are at least 2 MG threads every single day.
Quote by Jimi M. Hendrix
closest city? Well... I useally buy shit online I need to see what my local shop has
gear now? Crappy Small Marshall Amp If you are really wanting to know I can post a link

post a link im a little curiouse to see if ur small crappy marshall is an MG because that would be funny given the fact that u were considering buying a mg halfstack
- Tom Waits

Gear
Marshall Jcm900 50w Head
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
EHX Holy Grail
Tone Bone Hot British
Quote by Brian8878682
post a link im a little curiouse to see if ur small crappy marshall is an MG because that would be funny given the fact that u were considering buying a mg halfstack

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-MG15DFX-Combo-Amp?sku=483187 Yep

Epiphone G-310 SG
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
WRONG!

Quick answers? What is this a Help Desk. If you had spent 3 minutes searching on your amp in question you would have realized all the poor tone and reliablity issues it has. There are at least 2 MG threads every single day.

Are you the Receptionist? So... Why is the MG's bad?

Epiphone G-310 SG
Quote by Jimi M. Hendrix

Lol you are a retard... You just said that your marshall is crappy yet you just aked if it was a good idead to buy a marshall mg stack did you know that its the exact same thing as what you have now? just more watts lol ur retarded
- Tom Waits

Gear
Marshall Jcm900 50w Head
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
EHX Holy Grail
Tone Bone Hot British
Quote by Brian8878682
Lol you are a retard... You just said that your marshall is crappy yet you just aked if it was a good idead to buy a marshall mg stack did you know that its the exact same thing as what you have now? just more watts lol ur retarded

How would I know? I don't know shit about amps callin me names n shit what's your problem?

Epiphone G-310 SG
Quote by Jimi M. Hendrix
How would I know? I don't know shit about amps callin me names n shit what's your problem?

U have to be mentally handicapped to have not realized that 2 amps with the same name only one is bigger is the same amp
- Tom Waits

Gear
Marshall Jcm900 50w Head
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
EHX Holy Grail
Tone Bone Hot British
Quote by ninjafingers
look at the crate palominos. they've got a pretty sweet Marshall- like tone.

I think they are a bit more Voxy.
No, what you really want for a Jimi tone is a cranked Marshall Plexi.
but if you are looking at that Fender and you have 1300, look at this
http://www.ceriatone.com/productSubPages/BSTMB/BSTMBCabinet.htm
With shipping will come to bout 1000.
Smaller wattage to crank (But it has a master volume)
Great plexi tone
Jimi M. Hendrix, stop double posting and learn to use the edit button. also, the searchbar is there so you can find if there is any info out there that answers the question you want answered. if you want your question answered, its always best to do a little research for yourself. if you cant do that, then you wont get good answers because you wont have good questions.
You want Jimi's tone?

Get this http://metroamp.com/amps_68_100watt_stack.php
Quote by Jimi M. Hendrix

Maybe a little research would help.

Think about it this way. You want to try a food so you eat a little bit. You think it is terrible, so you don't eat more. Why would you eat more MG?
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Maybe a little research would help.

Think about it this way. You want to try a food so you eat a little bit. You think it is terrible, so you don't eat more. Why would you eat more MG?

I freakin get it OK now I just want advice on a good amp that capture's the Tone of the 60's/Hendrix and All the crap I see that's worth buying is REALLY Expensive so mabye somebody could just suggest a good all out amp?

Epiphone G-310 SG
Quote by Jimi M. Hendrix

Those answers did'nt really help. We could recommend all kinds of stuff but would it make sense for you? That is why we try to cut down on the cycles by suggesting the use of the Search Bar, The Stickies, Google, Youtube etc.

That then saves us time and it saves you time and everyone is happy.
Welcome to UG.