Been looking into Jackson guitars for a guitar for the collection that is for soloing (just sold my Jem555). Have been looking into the Jackson Soloist SL3 and also the Jackson DK2M.

Between these 2 guitars there is a great price difference, however although having the funds, I am only wanting a secondary guitar for soloing. Has anyone played both guitars and could give a good comparison?

How well constructed is the DK2M, it seems to be at a quite beginner/intermediate price (in the UK) but is the guitar itself a better build/buy than reflected by its low price?

Any help would be great guys!
i have the dk2m and i have to say its a great guitar but with uk pricing im not sure if its ur best option i only got mine for $280
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
For soloing, I would get the SL3. Way better fret access. I own a DKMGT Dinky. Which is like the DK2M but with EMGs and no floyd. Trust me, the access on the SL3 is way better. I've played them both, get the SL3
my friend owns a dk2m i personally think the neck play extremely well nice and smooth and its a pretty solid guitar and the trem is pretty good for a licensed one and the jb jazz combo is fap worthy im not sure about the sl3 but i hear from reviews that it has some faulty wiring in the single coils
Quote by J.Priest
For soloing, I would get the SL3. Way better fret access. I own a DKMGT Dinky. Which is like the DK2M but with EMGs and no floyd. Trust me, the access on the SL3 is way better. I've played them both, get the SL3

Listen to this man.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
i have a dk2m and i love that gear. the seymour duncan jazz in the neck makes it versatile, the guitar stay in tune, the maple fretboard is sexy and makes u play super fast etc... just try em both ..
i have the white DK2M, and trust me, it kicks ass. i have no problems with the floyd, it works great, and it's really smooth and easy to play, even on the 24th fret. i don't know about the soloist, but the dk2m is way cheaper and because both of them are the same shape, there's no reason to pay more because theres really nothing wrong with the dinky. sounds and plays great