Page 1 of 2
Of my Vox AD50VT.

They are actually quite tasty, if I may say so myself, all things considered.

It's a great practice amp.

The one labeled VT test is a completely dry signal, flat EQ for all models, no effects, gain at noon.

The one labeled Metal Clip just the models on the right hand of the dial, gain maxed, slightly boosted mids, treble at around 1-2 oclock, bass at 2 oclock for all models. It's also boosted with my Digitech Screamin Blues with gain @0, level @10 flat eq.

Guitar was a Ibanez AXD82P, neck for VT test (save the first little lick), bridge for metal clip.

All said and done, it's a very good value for what it is. I got mine brand spankin new for 300 dollars, and it has served me well through several gigs and countless jams.
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/imgooley/music/all/play421698
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/imgooley/music/all/play421663
Sounds pretty good for a hybrid. I've been trying to get my friend to buy one for awhile now (he's currently using a Spider III )
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Sounds pretty good for a hybrid. I've been trying to get my friend to buy one for awhile now (he's currently using a Spider III )

You've got to record me some cool Island tunes. I think Reggae might actually work with the Valveking's clean channel.
No love?
You've had clips for a while, are you selling it?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by lespaul#1
You've had clips for a while, are you selling it?

Hmm, it seems Gooley's trying to tell us something....A new amp, perhaps?

PS: Goolz, why do you type like a lolcat?
Yeah I am, probably.

The new clips are test clips. The old ones were songs and song ideas.
Well save up for this if possible, it's worth it!! http://sacramento.craigslist.org/msg/852605272.html
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by lespaul#1
Well save up for this if possible, it's worth it!! http://sacramento.craigslist.org/msg/852605272.html

I not big into BF fenders, save the Super Reverb.

There are a couple other things I'm looking at right now.
I couldn't really find a SR in your area.
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1
I couldn't really find a SR in your area.

There are two SF super reverbs for sale down town, one for 1000, one for 700. It's not what I want right now. I have other things besides amps that I need.
Quote by hellrazzer24
I digg the tone..

but I really digg your playing. Nice Job!

Thanks a bunch

What model sounded best to you?
Gooley, you have a lot of self control, if I had that cash, I'd be jumping on those amps.

EDIT: I listened to the clips, they made me ashamed of my blues playing.

The only thing I play well is surf, at least it's my favorite.

+100,000,000 on those clips.
Quote by chip46
Last edited by lespaul#1 at Sep 23, 2008,
Quote by lespaul#1
Gooley, you have a lot of self control, if I had that cash, I'd be jumping on those amps.

EDIT: I listened to the clips, they made me ashamed of my blues playing.

The only thing I play well is surf, at least it's my favorite.

+100,000,000 on those clips.

I'm very much a one trick pony when it comes to guitar playing, too, so don't be
Thanks I feel better now.
Quote by chip46
Quote by imgooley
Thanks a bunch

What model sounded best to you?

they all sound pretty good, but I don't think my laptop speakers is doing your tone justice. Give me a few days to go home (im in my college apt) and give them a proper listen. I enjoyed the first link you posted... A Minor Blues, Blues in E sounded good too.
I thought the tone was decent. I probably would have added a bit more treble, however my shit speakers could be causing that. however for a hybrid practice amp, very nice indeed. Great playing too.
^Which clip were you refering to?

I typically don't use a lot of treble. It's almost always set at noon or under. If I want I brighter tone, I pick closer to the bridge, or use the bridge pickup.

^^If I remember correctly, A Minor Blues had the rhythm recorded on the tweed 4x10 channel with reverb and boost with the lead on the UK 70's, boost and reverb. The rhythm was a strat an the lead was my Ibanez.

Blues in E was the Ibanez on the UK 70's channel, boost and reverb.

Valvetronix Test Clip was all 11 models, flat eq, gain at noon, Ibanez, dry signal.
Last edited by imgooley at Sep 23, 2008,
Ahh, the test clip was the one I listened too,
gimme a sec
ah, you have some nice tones on the others. I liked the Blues in E. lenny's was nice too
Actually, I really like Lenny's tone. Settings?
Strat, Middle PU, Tweed 4x10, mids dimed, treble at 1 o'clock, bass at noon, boosted, gain at 11 o'clock, bass cut a bit on the booster. With reverb. It also sounds great with chorus. The volume on the guitar was turned down as well.
AD50VT is a pretty good amp, I played it at Guitar Center, I'm glad I got my Deluxe thoough, what amp ARE you looking at, I'd love to help you as a thanks to the many times you helped me.
Quote by chip46
I already bought a V33H and a Palomino cab that I'm getting on Friday. After I sell the AD50, I might pick up my guitar first, or an Epi Valve Standard that they have for cheap at GC (under used price, with footswich), and am looking at an Epiphone Blues Custom 30 for early next year.
Damn I didn't get to help.

Fender Blues Deluxe is probably better than a Blues Custom.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/msg/846926141.html
Quote by chip46
For what I do, the Blues Custom sounds great. I played one and was smitten.

I've talked to a few former and current owners of them, and they each said any issues they had were tube related as opposed to transformer/solder/cap/resistor related, but considering I was planning on swapping tubes in the first place, it should not be an issue.
Quote by lespaul#1
Damn I didn't get to help.

Fender Blues Deluxe is probably better than a Blues Custom.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/msg/846926141.html

Not a fan.
Oh, ok, thats cool.

Quote by chip46
Yeah, I wasn't impressed with the Deluxe or Deville. Mainly due to the fact that it had way too many knobs, plus the overdrive was horrendous. The cleans are out of this world, though
Quote by DerekTheDominoe
The cleans are out of this world, though

They're good enough for George Benson, apparently.
Never used one, kust thought it would be good for what u play.
Quote by chip46
^The Deville is too high wattage for what I do, right now. 30 watts is my cap right now.
Quote by imgooley
^The Deville is too high wattage for what I do, right now. 30 watts is my cap right now.

That means I can't suggest the Blonde Bassman anymore ?
It's my answer to everything
Quote by DerekTheDominoe
That means I can buy you the Blonde Bassman ?
It's THE ONLY answer to everything

Fixed.

Bassman amps don't have that same characteristic as Devilles. Also it's still on the GAS list, just not in the forefront.

Now...

What you think of the clipz?
I dig the "brownish" tone on the metal clips...

Feedback was smooth and pleasing...
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Jackson Soloist SL2H
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Epiphone AJ200SCE Acoustic-Electric
Epiphone Embassy
Vintage Audition Mystery Guitar
B-52 AT100
Vox VT80
^Thank you sir

I'm gonna try and record another metal clip later.
The clean one was better, the metal one was too high gain for me.
Quote by chip46
Page 1 of 2