Well I like to play a lot of AC/DC and I just like the sound, but does anyone have any idea what kind of small amp (15,30,50w) would be good for this kind of sound and music? I understand Marshall would be a good bet but which model exactly?
Originally posted by Beatallica_fan
next weeks installment, John tells us of the time he played in a band with Elvis's drummers, second cousins mother on harmonica and they invented grunge.
well i get a good sound by urning the pre gain to 3 and the post gain to 3 also on my peavee range 158 which is 50 w you could do that whith any amp having a SG always helps
the only marshalls that small are MMG's, and theyre not very good, there are marshall clones that might do it, like traynors
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
oh and if you play low on your frets like keep it no higher than the 7th fret on rythm
valve jr, black heart any 5 watt would be loud enough if you dont want cleans.
bugera 333xl (for sale)
B-52 4x12 cab
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Schecter c-1 FR prototype (for sale)
Squier strat

VOTE FOR MY BAND TO PLAY WARPED TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.battleofthebands/darkestbeforedawn
Well, Angus Young uses JTM 45s.

30W. I think they come in both combo and half-stack models.

Try getting a Ceriatone clone instead of "the real thing."
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by Haha, Crackhead
Well, Angus Young uses JTM 45s.

30W. I think they come in both combo and half-stack models.

Try getting a Ceriatone clone instead of "the real thing."

Or Metropoulos, if you can afford it. Really, you can't go wrong with either.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Well guitar bite i really dont want a 5 watt i want a practice/small gig amp with good Angus sound

And Raijouta

where would i find these?
next weeks installment, John tells us of the time he played in a band with Elvis's drummers, second cousins mother on harmonica and they invented grunge.
Quote by lefthandguitar
Well guitar bite i really dont want a 5 watt i want a practice/small gig amp with good Angus sound

And Raijouta

where would i find these?

http://metroamp.com/
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Or Metropoulos, if you can afford it. Really, you can't go wrong with either.

Oh yeah.

If you were planning on buying a real Marshall, might as well dish out the little extra for a Metro.

They're just as good as Ceriatone, and they look great.
Click for charity.

PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
but all metropoulos has is 100 watts as far as i can find and i cant get a 100 watt for various r3easons so im looking for 15-50 watts
also the highest amp i have seen that is Marshall is $390 which is about all i am willing to pay right now.
I was about to link you to this.

But, I just read something interesting at the bottom of the page.

Quote by Metropoulos
NOTE: This amp uses a Bulgin AC socket and plug and DOES NOT meet modern electrical saftey standards. It should be used for display purposes ONLY.

...Hmm...

Edit - Really?
We thought you were looking at real Marshalls, not MGs.
Peavey Classic 30. You may need an Overdrive boost. A preferred pedal is the Maxon/Ibanez tubescreamer. Now, get outta here.
Click for charity.

PM Calebrocker to join.

Last edited by Haha, Crackhead at Sep 23, 2008,
edit: Well i did say 15-50 watt and i really don't care if its Marshall i just need a nice AC/DC ish sound as this is mostly what I play along with some other things but I said Marshall would be a good bet because that is the brand Angus uses.

right now im thinking on getting this

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Rage-258-Guitar-Amplifier-with-TransTube-Technology-481336-i1167404.gc

but would this be a waste of my money as im also saving up for a new guitar so i dont want to waste any money would this be a bad investment or good?
Last edited by lefthandguitar at Sep 23, 2008,
pretty much any amp can do AC/DC. i get a good one with my SG and i set the treble and mids high bass low on lead and semi-high gain. his sound isn't really that uniqe so you should be able to do it with like one of those small fender models.
Quote by lefthandguitar
edit: Well i did say 15-50 watt and i really don't care if its Marshall i just need a nice AC/DC ish sound as this is mostly what I play along with some other things but I said Marshall would be a good bet because that is the brand Angus uses.

right now im thinking on getting this

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Rage-258-Guitar-Amplifier-with-TransTube-Technology-481336-i1167404.gc

but would this be a waste of my money as im also saving up for a new guitar so i dont want to waste any money would this be a bad investment or good?

What kind of guitar do you currently have? Because just so you know about 90% of your tone comes from your amp, if you have a $300+ budget then spend 300. That $120 amp won't sound as good as a $300 amp.
Gear
Jackson Dinky DKMGT Transparent Black
Quote by Copilot911
What kind of guitar do you currently have? Because just so you know about 90% of your tone comes from your amp, if you have a $300+ budget then spend 300. That $120 amp won't sound as good as a $300 amp.

well right now i dont have a very nice guitar it is a left ibanez GRX20 and it works but not a very good guitar from what i hear and from experience.

And about price i see that and i was looking at some more amps after i left UG and these are some others i was looking at these

This one may be a little over my price range though.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Bandit-112-Guitar-Amplifier-with-TransTube-Technology-481332-i1167402.gc

This one is a maybe.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Envoy-110-Guitar-Amplifier-with-TransTube-Technology-481333-i1167403.gc

And possibly this

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Frontman-65R-65W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-104506092-i1323509.gc

But I'm gonna test them out and see what i like best.
A blackheart killer ant if you want bedroom level natural OD, like Angus
Gabel has a soundclip demo of an amp he built, excellent ACDC tone. I believe it was called the brown note. Very low wattage british flavored amp. Hopefully he comes to this thread, he knows his stuff with the Marshall flavor.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
A 5 watt small tube amp should be good. Remember, lay off the gain and distortion. If you want the AC/DC tone you just need to play really loud.
Well which sound do you want? Pre BIB (back in black) or post BIB. If you want the pre BIB sound, get a low gain tube amp (look in the amp buying stickied thread for ideas.) But if you want the post BIB sound, get a medium to high gain amp. Again, look into the amp buying thread.

DO NOT GET A SOLID STATE! GET A TUBE AMP!!!!
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
Quote by MESAexplorer
Gabel has a soundclip demo of an amp he built, excellent ACDC tone. I believe it was called the brown note. Very low wattage british flavored amp. Hopefully he comes to this thread, he knows his stuff with the Marshall flavor.

Missed it!

Just click the link in my sig though!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009