I just bought a pyrex slide (i prob get metal later) & only know 1 song with slide guitar in it-freebird & am leaarning catch hell blues by White Stripes.

Wut r some good songs 2 learn with slide guitar in Them.
sahib teri bandi by the derek trucks band, and johnny winter's version of "highway 61".
some easy stuff would be Interstate Love song by Stone Temple Pilots, or Big Empty, also by STP. Big Empty's alittle harder but its not too bad and for both of those songs you don't have to change tunings.
Quote by xitlight
sahib teri bandi by the derek trucks band, and johnny winter's version of "highway 61".

Sahib Teri Bandi is actually simple and complex at the same time. It's a lot of finesse and subtlety.

And to answer the TS- Everything by Mississippi Fred McDowell, everything by Hound Dog Taylor, a lot of Warren Haynes stuff, a lot of Muddy Waters stuff, a lot of Black Keys stuff...

Listen to some blues.
basically any Allman Bros. Warren Haynes, Derek Trucks.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Ain't Wastin' Time No More - Allman Brothers Band
Manhattan-Eric Johnson
Bad Horsie - Steve Vai
Rig:
MIM Fender Strat

Vox V847A Wah
Dunlop JH-F1 Fuzz Face
Boss DS-1
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9 x2!!!
Boss Passive A/B Box
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Boss Volume Pedal

Marshall 4203 Artist 30Watt Tube
Epiphone Electar Tube 30
Rocky Mountain Way- Joe Walsh.

Actually any Joe Walsh should do, he's crazy with that thing.
"Forget the rules. If it sounds good, it is good."
-Eddie Van Halen
Mother****in Sonny Landreth not the best original work but the man is ridiculous with that slide
Try some George Thorogood...he slides a lot. Or the Downchilds Blues Band.....Don Walsh is also very good
Quote by pak1351
32-20 blues for some epic slides

Win!
Quote by billiegoat
Mother****in Sonny Landreth not the best original work but the man is ridiculous with that slide

Yes, definately. Try learning some of his songs by ear. It may be tough, but believe me, it will help your slide skill immensely.

The back end of Layla has a great duo slide solo between Duane and Eric.
"My job is a decision-making... job. And as a result I make a lot of decisions."
-G.W.B
Hat's off to roy harper?
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
Death Letter Blues- Son House.