Edit: I'm not asking for song suggestions. I just think its funny how easy these songs are now that I've been playing for awhile

I noticed that I made it a point to not learn these kinds of songs when I started out cause I thought it'd limit my scope and learning.

But now that I've been playing for over a year, I went back and tried a few and I found out I could learn the whole song in like 30 minutes haha. And its awesome cause now if anyone ever asks me to play something, I can rely on one of these easy songs that everyone knows and they'll be all like "ooo you're uber good at gitarz!" but I can still practice the harder stuff on my own time.

its nice when you finally cross the line from absolute suck-ass newb to being able to hold down a simple song.

I just picked up the main guitar part of "all the small things" with almost no effort
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
Last edited by mlfarrell at Sep 23, 2008,
the entire ramones catologue.
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
Just play any Blink 182 and bands similar.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Quote by Haggard13

and green day's
smells like teen spirit is a classic.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by B. Joe
and green day's

+1 on Brain Stew.

And you can't forget Scars on Broadway's "They Say". Quite possibly the most complex song known to man.
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
Just about any Nirvana song can be converted into easy power chord songs.
Quote by mlfarrell
Edit: I'm not asking for song suggestions. I just think its funny how easy these songs are now that I've been playing for awhile

Then this thread is pretty pointless, don't you think?

MC name = Bearrorism
Quote by Haggard13

That's bar chords, and you better have some arm strength if you're going to attempt that, after about 2 or 3 Ramones songs in a row your arm kills.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Fear Beef Bologna. Aside from solos you don't even have to change frets.
|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------9---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|-7b---9---7b-7b-7bf-5h7p5-5b--5h7p5---5----------------------------------------------7/-|
|------------------------------------7---7-5h7p5---5----------------------------------7/-|
|------------------------------------------------7---7-5h7p5---5h7p5---5h7p5--3h5-3b--5/-|
|------------------------------------------------------------8-------8-------------------|

theres a sin and a whole lot of sin...

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|-----8bf~~~~-------8bf~~~~---9b----------------13p10-13p10-13p10--15b--12h15p12----12-|
|--------------------------------9p7-9-9-9-9p7-----------------------------------14----|
|-7p5-----------7p5--------------------------------------------------------------------|
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|-14-12h14p12----12-----------------------------------------------------------------------|
|-------------14----14-12h14p12----12-----------------------------------------------------|
|-------------------------------14----14-12h14p12-10h12p10-9h10p9-7h9p7-5h7p5-4h5p4-5h7p5-|

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|-------------------------4h5p4-5-7-5-7-5-7-5-7-5-7-5-7-5-7-5-7-5-7-5-7-5/-|
|-------4h5p4-5h7p5-7h9p7--------------------------------------------------|
|-7h9p7--------------------------------------------------------------------|

verse
|----------------------------------|
|------------------7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-|
|-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7--5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-|
|-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5------------------|

beef beef beef beef beloney
|-------------------------|
|-----------7--7--7--7-7-7|
|-7--7--7---5--5--5--5-5-5|
|-5--5--5-----------------|

|--------------5---------------------------------------------5---------------------------|
|------------5---5-8-5h7p5---5----------------5------------5---5-8p5--5h8p5---5---8------|
|-----5---7b---------------7---7-5h7p5---5-5b---7p5---5-7b------------------7---7---7~~~-|
|-5h7---7------------------------------7------------7------------------------------------|
|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------17b-|
|--------------------------------------------------15-18-18b-18p15-18p15-------15h18-----|
|------------------------------------------------------------------------17-17-----------|
|-0-0-2-2-3-3-4-4-4-4-5-5-5-5-6-6-6-6-7-7-7-7-7-7----------------------------------------|

|-------------------------------------------------------------------------5--------------|
|-18-15-15-18-15-15-18--20p17-20-17~~~~---------------------------------5----8p5-7p5---5-|
|---------------------------------------19-17-19-17~~~~--17/-/17---5h7b--------------7---|

|-----------------------------------------|
|-7-5h7p5---5-----------------------------|
|---------7---7/--0-----------------------|
|--------------------2/7/0----------------|

verse
|------------------7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-|
|-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7--5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-|
|-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5------------------|

beef beef beef beef beloney
|-----------7--7--7--7-7-7|
|-7--7--7---5--5--5--5-5-5|
|-5--5--5-----------------|

|------------------------|
|-7----------------------|
|-5----------------------|
"God damn you Walter! You fuckin' asshole! Everything's a fuckin' travesty with you, man! And what was all that shit about Vietnam? What the FUCK, has anything got to do with Vietnam? What the fuck are you talking about?"-The Dude
Look up songs that have chord sheets to them. 9/10 times you can convert those into power chord songs.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Have a look at some of the punk-rock bands, they use power chords sometimes.

Stuff like Greenday as well.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Quote by Iriathz
Have a look at some of the punk-rock bands, they use power chords sometimes.

Stuff like Greenday as well.

Quote by Th6r6a6sH
The Pit is a reliable source of information
Quote by imdeth
My penis is tough. My penis is elite.
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I like Luigi.

His cock is maximum.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

OPETH RULES.

Member of Åkerfeldtism

My last.fm
Lee by tenacious d.

3 power chords, repeated for the whole song

doesnt get any easier
Kerry King Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only

Quote by dehollister

and im 14 got any problems ill f*ckin drop you.

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Spooni_Shaq is the best UGer ever, period
Oh, AC/DC.

But even when you see a G major chord (for example), you could play a G power chord.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Quote by Iriathz
Oh, AC/DC.

But even when you see a G major chord (for example), you could play a G power chord.

Which completely ruins the vibe of the song, and you must be using completely the wrong type of tone or overdrive....
Ahh, super easy power chord songs... They are so awesomely stunning to non-guitarists... But as soon as an enemy guitarist creeps onto your turf, the shallow illusion becomes all that more shallow...
Dear diary.

Today I stuffed some dolls full of dead rats I put in the blender.

I'm wondering if, maybe, there really is something wrong with me.
Quote by Benjibum
Ahh, super easy power chord songs... They are so awesomely stunning to non-guitarists... But as soon as an enemy guitarist creeps onto your turf, the shallow illusion becomes all that more shallow...

damn you know my plan
Quote by NakedInTheRain
shake shake, shake shake shake shake it

come on!

Never ever ever ever ever reference Metro Station ever again.

I've been recruited to play 'My Generation" by the Who for my graduation tomorrow with a couple of people in my music class. My god that song is easy, picked up in 3 minutes.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM