so, essentially, for the next month or so, I'll have, about every week, 15 hours to practice, excluding homework in this time. and my playing is slipping, so does anyone know of any good exercises I can do to keep myself in good shape and that aren't time consuming? Mainly for practicing economy picking, speed, and sight-reading
Last edited by hippieboy444 at Sep 23, 2008,
if i were you i'd worry about practicing some proper grammar, then spend some time playing the guitar.
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
Quote by JOEYPWNSU
if i were you i'd worry about practicing some proper grammar, then spend some time playing the guitar.

Yes, that's one way to look at it, but then again...No that's definitely the only option.
Quote by JOEYPWNSU

notice how i did practice good grammar cause the only time its' misspelled is in the title. now if anyone has some serious advice, I'd appreciate it
You can take a classical piece that interests you and learn it by ear/score...

...which I haven't finished yet...

...or learn a bunch of 3nps scales and practice with the metronome really, REALLY, slowly for speed.
Last edited by SilverDark at Sep 23, 2008,
Quote by hippieboy444
so, essentially, for the next month or so, I'll have, about every week, 15 hours to practice, excluding homework in this time. and my playing is slipping, so does anyone know of any good exercises I can do to keep myself in good shape and that aren't time consuming? Mainly for practicing economy picking, speed, and sight-reading

Read the ultimate guitar pro exercises thread sticky in the Advanced Techniques Forum. There are some good websites listed in there, and if you don't have Guitar Pro, PM CowboyUp.