is it possible to get a cheap and decent tube amp??? i play metal lead guitar. people tell me if im going to buy emgs il need a tube amp but i don't know anything about tubes.
what's your budget.
do you gig?

usually cheap and high gain tube dont go hand and hand.

there are some, but how cheap are we talking?

and you don't need a tube amp. it always depends on which amp.

and there's an amp section.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Epiphone makes some good tube amps for the money, but they're by no means meant for metal.

Check Craigslist. That's all I can think to say.
If anyone wants to IM me, it's dwsabianguy. No spam.
Last black friday (day after thanksgiving), I went to guitar center and got my first tube amp for a total of about 200 bucks. It's an epiphone valve junior, 75 watts. It doesn't come with an EQ built in so be prepared to own a separate pedal or get a different head; people say it handles pedals nicely, I haven't compared to any other tube amp though so I can't say.
My Gear:
Gibson ES-335 (Dot)
ESP LTD MH-100QMNT
Spider III 75W
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Crybaby Wah
Epi Valve Junior Half stack
DS-1
Line 6 Floor Pod (FOR SALE!!!)
bugera>everything stated in this thread
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by devit
bugera>everything stated in this thread

bugera is better than asking for a budget?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by ratzgame
Last black friday (day after thanksgiving), I went to guitar center and got my first tube amp for a total of about 200 bucks. It's an epiphone valve junior, 75 watts.

I hope thats a typo. Its only 5 watts
Quote by eurotrashed
I hope thats a typo. Its only 5 watts

maybe hes thinking of the half stack
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Quote by Greenwood991

Which is still 5 watts.
Quote by Greenwood991

The Valve Jr half stack is also 5 watts.

You aren't going to go to guitar center and get a 75 watt tube amp for $200. I know the Epiphone 50watt head is $500...
you could get a hybrid Vox AD-VT or AD-XL

the XL is higher gain, more metal-er lol

i have the VT - it sounds great with some SDs, never tried real EMGs on it though
Quote by eurotrashed
The Valve Jr half stack is also 5 watts.

You aren't going to go to guitar center and get a 75 watt tube amp for $200. I know the Epiphone 50watt head is $500...

yea i meant maybe he got confused and counted the cab
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
tubes arent a must for metal. Dimebag used SS Randals for practically his whole career.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
tubes arent a must for metal. Dimebag used SS Randals for practically his whole career.

Was his tone good?
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by DespisedIcon
Was his tone good?

depends who you ask. some people love his tone, some people hate it.

another guy who uses SS amps: BB King. i know he's not metal, but everyone associates his warm tone with tubes and only tubes can get a good, warm tone, right? WRONG! BB has been using SS for a while now. it's all in the player, his guitar and the right amp EQ.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
to be honest, i liked the hybrid voxs betterthan the peavey valvekings. i tried a 212(the one with two speakers), and the fender blues junior completely blew it away, and everyone in the store new it. and i like the vox beta...