im looking to get a distortion pedal, this will be my first one. I want a pedal that i can use for a long while, in other words i want a really good one for the price. i was looking at getting a boss ds-1(I kinda want it modded). also i would like too know if the jemini and the satchurator are good and if they are a good investment for me. I would also appreciate all other suggestions. Thanks.
the Keeley's mod on the Boss DS-1 is pretty sweet. It was my first distortion pedal too... I bought and used a SD-1 more though because I got a better classic rock tone out of it though :P

The ORANGE DS-1 is still my hardcore/metal pedal and probably always will be. I havn't had any problems as long as I've had it (2 years?).
Orange? you mean the boss ds-1 right? or the brand orange? i hope my stupidity doesnt offend you. also i kinda want distortion like the mars volta's omar rodriguez lopez, but i also want a pedal that will give me a good metal sound.
If you can save up some cash, get this.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ElectroHarmonix-English-Muffn-Overdrive-Pedal?sku=153335

If not, the other pedals suggested in this thread wouldn't be a bad choice.
I am in full support of the crunchbox or the OCD
Quote by Survivalism

That's what sold me on that particular pedal.

If you are serious about that

140 dollar budget and you suggest a cheap, digital Digitech pedal?
Last edited by mcrfobtai at Sep 23, 2008,
if your thinking about a boss id just get the metal zone it has a palet of tones on it and it will last you a wial and will only run you about 100 bucks
If you want something like Omar, who uses Vox AC-30s, you are going to need a chimey distortion. The Satchurator may be able to do it, the DS-1 I'm not too sure about.
how about an electro harmonix big muff? it costs less than the E.H. English Muff'n
The Muff'n is an overdrive. The Big Muff is a distortion.
The pedal you/want need depends on your amp.
Sooo....what is it?
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
I would get a Fulltone OCD. They are OD pedals but pretty high gain. Also, an MI Audio Crunch Box should be good. Classic marshall crunch and can get heavier than a JCM800.

I second the fulltone

Sex in a box.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120