So I had a LogiTech x530 subwoofer and removed the small 4 inch speaker and wired the crossover/ lowpass outputs (that were connected to the 4 incher) to two 12" subwoofers. It actually sounds good (not GREAT, GOOD).

I was wondering if it's possible to rig that woofer up to my car's battery to give my current car's system extra lows? The woofer's power input is AC 110-120v, and the car battery is DC 12v.

Possible? Or total "no-go"?

Other helpful info: I'm 16 with a shitty job. The car and work I'm having done to it is costing me approxmatly 4000$, so I'll be broke for a long time... I only have what I have... I don't have the money for more parts/ crossovers/ lowpass filters/

Also, I'm fairly decent with electronics... But I'm not an expert.
UG's HIPPIE
You need an amp. Your stereo will not properly power the woofer and wiring it to your battery won't do shit.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by nebiru
You need an amp. Your stereo will not properly power the woofer and wiring it to your battery won't do shit.

No, I have a small amp in my car...

I mean to power the subwoofer. Like electically, not for higher wattage.

The woofer plugs into a wall socket (AC)

Whereas to put it in a car, I need DC power.

I suck at explaining things...
UG's HIPPIE
Quote by obliviousibanez
so i know nothing about this butttt i do know you can buy power inverters that change ac to dc.

I was considering this... I decided to use this as a last resort type thing.... I have little or no moneyz
UG's HIPPIE
Quote by ~G{}{}BER~
No, I have a small amp in my car...

I mean to power the subwoofer. Like electically, not for higher wattage.

The woofer plugs into a wall socket (AC)

Whereas to put it in a car, I need DC power.

I suck at explaining things...

Umm, k well it will not run on 12v DC, and if it does, it wont work for long.

Naw, after further consideration, that just wont work. Besides you DO NOT NEED SUBS IN YOUR CAR IMO, since most newer cars with plastic body panels just rattle and that pisses me off. Un less you got something older and can mount the sub onto a metal surface, I wouldnt bother.
Quote by hawk5211
Umm, k well it will not run on 12v DC, and if it does, it wont work for long.

Naw, after further consideration, that just wont work. Besides you DO NOT NEED SUBS IN YOUR CAR IMO, since most newer cars with plastic body panels just rattle and that pisses me off. Un less you got something older and can mount the sub onto a metal surface, I wouldnt bother.

I respect your opinion... HOWEVER ( ) would there be anyway to take the things within the woofer out (not sure exactly whats making it so low) and "fix" them to make them work passivly? (stupid question maybe)
UG's HIPPIE
Quote by ~G{}{}BER~
I respect your opinion... HOWEVER ( ) would there be anyway to take the things within the woofer out (not sure exactly whats making it so low) and "fix" them to make them work passivly? (stupid question maybe)

not that i know of. But ive never looked into it. A set of 6x9's is about all that i need.