i'm looking for a good amp for a death metal/ grindcore/hardcore style band. any suggestions?

message me with any suggestions =]

robbie, lead guitarist- A War Among Men[W.A.M]
my 6505+ can nail those easily with the gain on about 7.
easssssyyyyyy.
try the 6505 (= and normal)
the 5150 (II and normal)
maybe a ENGL fireball

whats your budget?
Fender MIA Standard Strat
ESP LTD Viper 407
Epiphone SG
Starcaster by Fender(modded with Bill Lawrence l-500-xl)
PEAVEY 6505+ (FJA transistor modd)
Peavey 65 watt transtube studio-112
Marshall 1960AV
Vader 2x12
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 band EQ
I think it's between two amps, really.

Marshall MG100HDFX and a Soldano Super Lead Overdrive 100.
Diezel Herbert ftw.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
I think a dumble +1 a boss HM-1 might work well.......
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by imgooley

i had to wonder wether that was a joke or not for a moment...lets not mention MG and SLO100 together anymore though,
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
i too play the death metal and my go would be a valve king or "tube"b-52 if your on a budget because for agressive music you have to have tubes man and if you dont like the dirt on those amps you can always get a pedal and i know boss metal zone will melt your face if set right with a valve king 212
but if have some dough i say any diamond, peavey 6505, randall v2 or t2, any marshall jcm, and a mesa triple rec. all of these are what the big boys play and i myself have got the pleasure to try them all but a randall v2 and if i had the money i would have each of them but..............
the diamond amps are real hard to come by i was lucky and got to play one of the nitros and it is the sickist thing ever they run like 2000 for the brand new head and cabs are like 1800 but man it is worth every penny the one i played was used and going though a new randall amp so you didnt get the full effect but damn man i have never heard so much gain and so crystle clear. so yea if you can get a hold of a diamond i sure youll be happier than coarpsgrinder at a severd limbs fest.
First of all I'm not going to bother messaging you. Just read this thread. Second, our suggestions will depend largely on your budget.

Microcube, B-52 AT 112, ENGL Fireball, Soldano SLO.....all great amps for their price.

Budget is the key word here:P
WTLTL 2011
Quote by imgooley

OMG you must be jokeing... How could you mention such a peice of s*** and the SLO in the same sentance.

6505 or SLO, try them both. Try a recto.

Also, just to prove to you that us marshall haters have a reason, try the slo and/or 6505 at the same time as the ...MG.... and you WILL hear how awfull it is.
Ibanez RGR08LTD
Spear Gladius [with BKP Nailbombs] (soon)

Peavey valve king 212
Orange 212 cab

Pedals of assorted typed
Try out the Peavey XXX if you can, great amp. Be sure if you can to grab a maxon 808.. if you're looking for a cab Vader is great.
Ampeg V-4 plus a Boss Heavy Metal pedal is like instant Entombed right there. :p

But definitely a Peavey 5150/6505, and if you can, try it boosted with a tubescreamer variant also.
I have a 6505 combo that I just got and it seems to do that pretty much bang on.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
Quote by imgooley

YEEAH MG!!!
Quote by _xo_
OMG you must be jokeing... How could you mention such a peice of s*** and the SLO in the same sentance.

I'm 100% serious.

I was going to say a Fender Frontman 1/2 stack and a Framus Dragon in stereo, but then it wouldn't have the same crushing overdrive.
Quote by imgooley
I'm 100% serious.

I was going to say a Fender Frontman 1/2 stack and a Framus Dragon in stereo, but then it wouldn't have the same crushing overdrive.

I agree, My MG30 has some Badass Gain.
Quote by Oujou
I agree, My MG30 has some Badass Gain.

For sure.

So does the Ibanez Toneblaster.