I just got a debit card from my bank, it works for laser and maestro...

Does that mean that i can use it to buy things online? or does it have to be a visa card or mastercard for that?
I believe some sites allow debit cards, not sure how though. Most sites though require credit card.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
IS it a credit debit? That works like a regular credit card, except its not based on credit and is linked to a bank account like a regular eftpos card. If it says visa/mastercared/amex/dinersclub in the corner u should be able to use it online

Gear:
Ibanez JPM P100A
Schecter C7 Loomis
Ibanez Rg1570
Agile Intrepid 828 Pro Dual
Schecter Omen FR Extreme
Ibanez RG550 (Fernandez Sustainer)
Laney World Series 120-TR
POD X3 Live
I have visa. Many sites take maestro too.

Yes, you can buy online.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
I use my debit card to buy stuff online. You can use it as a credit card.

Difference is debit card gives you access to your bank funds. Credit card is borrowed money you pay back.

But if you can use your debit card as a credit without borrowing money, it's a win win situation.
Last edited by metaldud536 at Sep 23, 2008,
How would you select it though, would it count as a Visa or something? Cuz everywhere I shop doesn't have debit as an option, btw I'm under 18 so I can't get a Visa debit.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

Quote by DSchmitty
How would you select it though, would it count as a Visa or something? Cuz everywhere I shop doesn't have debit as an option, btw I'm under 18 so I can't get a Visa debit.

Your debit card basically has the same things as a credit card.

1. Expiration date
2. Credit card # on the front
3. 3/4 digit security number on the back

It's all you need to use it online. When they ask what type just pick visa or mastercard.
I believe debit is you own money, credit is someone elses.
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

you could do paypal but otherwise I think it has to be a credit card, I'm not really sure though because my debit card charges me $5 whenever I buy something with it so I try to use other payment methods.
Mr. Butlertron are you A handsome B smart C scrap metal or D all of the above
Scangrade thats easy I'm A and B but not C, so it can't be all of the above, but you can't fill in two ovals Nooo!
Mr. Butlertron the answer is C... you fuckwad
i find it funny that someone is asking what they can do with a debit card that they just got when someone was just on here talking about just recently having his debit card stolen.
i don't know what is with the awkward answers. Yes you can buy stuff online, not only that you can get contract stuff like mobile phones and internet bills.
I've never ever ever had a place not accept debit card.
seetickets never use to accept electron, they do now tho.
Quote by metaldud536
Your debit card basically has the same things as a credit card.

1. Expiration date
2. Credit card # on the front
3. 3/4 digit security number on the back

It's all you need to use it online. When they ask what type just pick visa or mastercard.

But you need an option of "Visa", "Mastercard", "American Express".. Or whatever.
What would you put in place of that?
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
Quote by McLovin-
But you need an option of "Visa", "Mastercard", "American Express".. Or whatever.
What would you put in place of that?

maestro.
Quote by GaijinFoot
maestro.

And if there is no "Maestro" option... then what?!?!?
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
Quote by McLovin-
And if there is no "Maestro" option... then what?!?!?

well i'm just looking on Amazon now. they seem to have Solo/maestro together. basically read everything on your card. look for switch, solo, visa logos. anything at all . if that fails then look for a bigger site that will accomidate more.
Debit cards are dangerous.

with a credit card, if someone makes fraudulent purchases on your account, you're only liable for $50

with a debit card, you can lose ALL the money in your debit account.
if it 's tied to a checking account, and you have a few thousand dollars in it ...
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I have a debit card and I can buy things online. I just bought a Circa Survive sweatshirt a couple days ago.

It's mastercard if that makes a difference.

who wants to know the numbers?

...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Debit cards are dangerous.

with a credit card, if someone makes fraudulent purchases on your account, you're only liable for $50

with a debit card, you can lose ALL the money in your debit account.
if it 's tied to a checking account, and you have a few thousand dollars in it ...

It depends though.

My brother had over a thousand dollars stolen from him and I can't remember how but he ended up getting it back.
Quote by DSchmitty

Are you kidding? They sell them at Wal-Mart.
You're*