I want to play with good heavy distortion liek metalica, ozzy, gnr. I am replacing the bridge pickup on my slash epiphone only which is a humbucker. What humbuckers are good for my sound under 500 bucks?
i have a jb for sale if you'd like to buy it. in fact, i'll give you the jb and 59 for 150. they have less than 30 hours on them
'57 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom, Jackson Soloist SL2H
Marshall MF350
Cry Baby, Carbon Copy, Phase 90

Quote by strat0blaster
I remember this one time - Jesus played Eruption on a lute with strings made from the hair of 23 virgins.

It was pretty hardcore.
Seymour Duncan 59'. With a 500 dollar budget pretty much any pickup is in your price range.
the jb is pretty nice. i like it because it's got a wide variety, but it just doesn't get quite heavy enough for me. great for metallica or gnr, but not so much for children of bodom or shadows fall type stuff. that's why i switched it with the blackout. the 59 is an amazing neck pickup, the only reason i switched it is that i was putting an active in the bridge lol.

but i put the alternative 8 in the bridge of my les paul and that pickup is absolutely the best distortion handling pickup i've ever heard. not quite as great as the blackout in the highs, but much better for 5 and 6 string chords (as in drop d open power chords). it's also a lot darker than the blackout but that's probably more the mahogany body of the les paul versus the maple neckthru with alder wings of the soloist
'57 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom, Jackson Soloist SL2H
Marshall MF350
Cry Baby, Carbon Copy, Phase 90

Quote by strat0blaster
I remember this one time - Jesus played Eruption on a lute with strings made from the hair of 23 virgins.

It was pretty hardcore.
EMG 81 in the bridge 85 in the neck. If you want metallicas sound then that's all you need.
Quote by guitar1212god
I want to play with good heavy distortion liek metalica, ozzy, gnr. I am replacing the bridge pickup on my slash epiphone only which is a humbucker. What humbuckers are good for my sound under 500 bucks?

Why do you think you need to replace your pickup?
What amp are using?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
as far as pickups, if you want metallica's tone EMG's nuff said. Kirk uses two 81's i believe.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
I don't get everyone's infatuation with the JB...
It sounds incredibly trebley and thin. The only place I can see it excelling in is Pop/Punk music. Is this like a new bandwagon? "jb's pwn n00bs" or something? I mean it's just my opinion that it sounds terrible... but come on. It gets suggested for like everything. JB for GnR? No.

I do love the 59' in the neck though.

And to concur with seagull, what amp?

This Guy is Stupid.
|
\/
i would think for that type of tone he's looking for, a nice tube amp would be more important than new pickups.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top