I own a Fender 2x12 100 watt solid state amp. I play mostly heavy metal, and this amp just doesn't really cut it. My question is this: Can I add speaker cabinets to my solid state? I'd like a to have a couple of 4x12's hooked in, but i don't know how to do this, or if it's even possible. In case your wondering, it has the traditional "pwr in" and "pre out" 1/4" inputs in the back.
Yes, but why? It's still gonna sound bad. Fenders just don't work for heavy metal.

New amp.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I do use a Boss ML-2 metal core, Zakk Wylde Wah, and a Boss DD-3 delay pedal, so it works pretty well for metal (at least for me it does.) It's an FM 212 DSP, and has some pretty decent tone with these pedals in place.
so first its not cutting it but now miraculously it is?

what do you want out of this amp exactly

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

It's too quiet. And don't tell me to get a tube amp either, I just want to know how and if I can add cabinets to it. The preamp is decent, but lets face it, 2-12" cabinets don't exactly fill a room and keep the sound quality balanced.
*facepalm* Did you guys even read my post? I just want to know if I can add cabinets to my solid state. If you think it won't do anything, I really don't care. I just want to beef up my sound a little, so it feels like 100 watts coming out of 10 speakers, rather than 2. Any serious musicians out there have an answer?
Yeah, it won't work, the amp determines the volume, not the speakers. Get a new amp.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by IronMaidenRules
*facepalm* Did you guys even read my post? I just want to know if I can add cabinets to my solid state. If you think it won't do anything, I really don't care. I just want to beef up my sound a little, so it feels like 100 watts coming out of 10 speakers, rather than 2. Any serious musicians out there have an answer?

I happen to own the same amp. The amount of effort and money you would put into making that work wouldn't be worth it. If for example you had a 100 watt tube amp that had a Line out that was switchable to 4, 8, or 16 ohms then we could talk about what kind of cab options you could look at.

So, my suggestion, is possibly to start over.