Page 1 of 2
Hello everyone, check out my new baby.

Got her for $400, used. I have absolutely no idea what kind of rhoads this is, I asked around and everyone says she is a pre-fender 90's Rhoads.

Any ideas?
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Quote by kranoscorp
Hello everyone, check out my new baby.

Got her for $400, used. I have absolutely no idea what kind of rhoads this is, I asked around and everyone says she is a pre-fender 90's Rhoads.

Any ideas?

They would be correct. The "professional" series was done away with a while ago.

Nice find! 400 USD is a pretty good deal.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
that color is pretty sick
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
Nice choice....

i paid 400 for my straight black rr3, and now im jealous of your awesome paint job....
it's a korean made 90's rr3 i believe? i may be wrong on the model
'57 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom, Jackson Soloist SL2H
Marshall MF350
Cry Baby, Carbon Copy, Phase 90

Quote by strat0blaster
I remember this one time - Jesus played Eruption on a lute with strings made from the hair of 23 virgins.

It was pretty hardcore.
you are a bastard.

thats guitar is sooo gorgeous
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
What was the general quality of the professional series? Were they (in general) better/worse than a modern day jackson?

I honestly cannot decide if it is better. I will eventually add a concentric pot to add in tone control, so that issue is fixed. One dissapointment is the neck, it is more of a Wizard style neck then a compound radius, but that means I don't have to get used to a new neck.

Either way, pink flame>>>>>eerie swirl.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
1960's Banjuke
Quote by Lead_for_life
Nice choice....

i paid 400 for my straight black rr3, and now im jealous of your awesome paint job....

don't feel bad dude. i dropped 15 hundo on my straight white jackson. lol

i mean, jackson's are known for their amazing finishes, but i'll take a plain guitar for 2/3 the price and do what i can with it
Marshall MF350

Quote by strat0blaster
I remember this one time - Jesus played Eruption on a lute with strings made from the hair of 23 virgins.

It was pretty hardcore.
Quote by kranoscorp
What was the general quality of the professional series? Were they (in general) better/worse than a modern day jackson?

I honestly cannot decide if it is batter. I will eventually add a concentric pot to add in tone control, so that issue is fixed. One dissapointment is the neck, it is more of a Wizard style neck then a compound radius, but that means I don't have to get used to a new neck.

it's korean made, so i don't know if the fender buyout affected it or not. it's a mixed boat, i think it may have brought a little quality down from their standard made in u.s.a. guitars, but it definitely hasn't affected their custom shop.

but for the imports? i really don't know.
Marshall MF350

Quote by strat0blaster

It was pretty hardcore.
Sick pink finish! Yeah, I'd assume the import models were probably pretty good. At least with Ibanez they were anyway. But I've played a new RR3 solid guitar however I'm just going to go ahead and assume yours is better.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
I'm really confused by your guitar. It's a Professional series Rhoads. From all of the research I've done, the only model that had shark fin inlays was the Rhoads Pro. It looks like a bolt-on, right? Chances are it's a Rhoads EX.

And btw, the Professional series was built in Japan, not Korea.

EDIT: Actually, after looking it over again, I'm not sure what that is at all. The Rhoads EX had a 3-way Blade pickup selector, yours has a 3-way toggle. I think the neck was switched to a neck with Shark fins. Also, if it were a Rhoads EX, then someone switched the pickups from the awesome J-50 and J-50N to 2 Duncan DESIGNED pickups.

EDIT again: Also, the bridge was switched from a JT-580 to a Low Profile JT-580.
Last edited by Vittu0666 at Sep 24, 2008,
I am confused now. Does that mean I got ripped off or something, or that I got an awesome deal?
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
1960's Banjuke
I dont think thats a professional. I think thats a x series. RX10D to be precise. 1 vol knob, switch and SD designed, Jack on the lower point: RX10D. Pro series had Jackson pickups or Seymour Duncan 59/JB, and the input jack ALWAYS is on top.
You got screwed mate. These cost about 400 new.

EDIT: ah crap, Vittu0666 already took the joy of telling.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Sep 24, 2008,
nice guitar.! it looks better than my new RR5FR.
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab
The Jackson Professional series was made in Japan...not Korea. They stopped making these guitars because they outsold the US models because the quality was just about the same for a lot less money. These guitars are known for having great quality. The necks on almost all of the older guitars are also known for having thinner necks, just like on the older charvels aswell.
My Gear
ESP LTD MV-100
Crate GT15
Boss DS-1

My Profile

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Albert Einstein
1879-1955
The ONLY V I have seen that I would play. Nice find =]
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Looks like a Pro with swapped pickups judging by the finish and hardware choices on it. That finish hasn't been done in about 15 years, and if it was the lowest RR Pro (which judging by the trem it was... the RR Standard) the pickups were J-50s, and I can see why someone may not of thought they were very good.
Quote by CJRocker
Looks like a Pro with swapped pickups judging by the finish and hardware choices on it. That finish hasn't been done in about 15 years, and if it was the lowest RR Pro (which judging by the trem it was... the RR Standard) the pickups were J-50s, and I can see why someone may not of thought they were very good.

No its definatly NOT a pro series. It could have been that there was a pickup swap, but how do you explain the single volume knob, and the jack input on the lower wing? These things have only been like that on the X-series. And the pickupsand trem are just a confirmation of that. Its an RX10D with a flametop. Somebody put a pro series decal on it.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Sep 24, 2008,
The early 2000s RR3s had duncan designed pups and a JT580LP.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
Quote by sk8boardbob2
The early 2000s RR3s had duncan designed pups and a JT580LP.

But they had a pickguard and 2 tone knobs, and the jack input was on the upper wing.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
professional is pre-fender.

awesome color. wouldnt buy it but it looks cool.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Nice guitar man. I love Jacksons
Peavey 3120
Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Cabinet
Jackson RR5
Jackson DKMG
LTD EC-1000
TC Electronic Polytune
BOSS RV-5
BOSS DD-7
MXR 10-band EQ
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby
BOSS NS-2
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+
Love the color. I've really been wanting a pink guitar and/or a RR.
deviantART ||| flickr
┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘
last.fm zune
coryklok is my e-hubby! ^_^
rip Billy Mays <3
Quote by kranoscorp

Seems, everyone ignored my links, the catalog says it is a pro series RR3, does that prove anything?
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
1960's Banjuke
thats an awesome guitar, seems like you got a good deal
Ibanez FR Prestige (BKP'd out)
Schecter Tempest Classic
Fryette Deliverance 120
Hughes and Kettner 412
Quote by kranoscorp
Seems, everyone ignored my links, the catalog says it is a pro series RR3, does that prove anything?

Yeah that's what I thought of doing, I went to the same site to find out about my Rhoads EX.

Looks awesome, I really like the finish.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Quote by LP_CL
No its definatly NOT a pro series. It could have been that there was a pickup swap, but how do you explain the single volume knob, and the jack input on the lower wing? These things have only been like that on the X-series. And the pickupsand trem are just a confirmation of that. Its an RX10D with a flametop. Somebody put a pro series decal on it.

Since WHEN does the RX10D come in purple? I have never seen are RX10D in that finish before.

So the layout is identical. It doesn't automatically make the guitar an RX10D if it has the same damn layout. Jackson has been around for a long time, they're bound to use that layout on different guitars. Duh.

It's a pro series RR3 Rhoads.

How do I know? I had one just like it. Duncan designed pickups, licensed Floyd and all.

Look it up before you start calling people wrong.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by LP_CL
I dont think thats a professional. I think thats a x series. RX10D to be precise. 1 vol knob, switch and SD designed, Jack on the lower point: RX10D. Pro series had Jackson pickups or Seymour Duncan 59/JB, and the input jack ALWAYS is on top.
You got screwed mate. These cost about 400 new.

EDIT: ah crap, Vittu0666 already took the joy of telling.

The Rhoads EX had the input jack on the lower wing. Other than that, I'd say you're right. What's confusing me is the black hardware. I don't think the "Professional" is a decal though. It's possible the previous owner switched the necks.

TS, can you contact the previous owner and ask about the guitar? Was he the original owner?
^The RR EX had a blade switch instead of toggle switch and had dot inlays. So it aint an EX.
But face it: this is an X-series. Its 100% similar to it, with a flame maple veneer sprayed purple.
However you want to see it: this guitar is just that. Nothing more. X-series, with weird finish.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Sep 25, 2008,
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

It's a pro series RR3 Rhoads.

How do I know? I had one just like it. Duncan designed pickups, licensed Floyd and all.

Look it up before you start calling people wrong.

Its so obvious you know nothing about Jacksons.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by Vittu0666
TS, can you contact the previous owner and ask about the guitar? Was he the original owner?

I am actually the third or more owner. The previous owner got it used, it's been around for a while.

I thought the catalog links I provided may clear something up, they list the guitar as a pro rr3, same finish, inlays, controls, everything.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
1960's Banjuke
It is that RR3 from the links krano, dont worry.
I just ment that that version of the RR3 (which they stopped making AGES ago => since they started with the x series), is actually an X-series with a fancy finish. But as the X-series didnt exist back then, it was listed as RR3 pro series.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
So can anyone give me an approximate value of the guitar, given the current information?
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
1960's Banjuke
Worth... idk. I should play it and see detailed photo's of particular parts and spots to value the craftmanship, because in the early nineties, pro series were darn well made guitars. That might bring the price a little bit up. Also the nice flametop brings it up a little. I think second hand this one might be worth 250$ in the worst case, 400$ in the best case, depending on previously said factors and the state of the guitar.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Page 1 of 2