Page 1 of 2
Out of curiosity, how did your bands first song turn out? What were the lyrics about and what was the first response of the song from others? Did it turn out to be successful or an embarrassment to your band?
I once received a bra... with "I Love John" embroidered on it. It thought it was pretty original. I didn't keep it, mind you - it didn't fit. - John Lennon

Music is my religion. - Jimi Hendrix
punk rock, song about demons and running
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
a minor based song with a whole note slow down bit, vocals about what it would be like if people didn't hold back.
My last band's first song was probably our most popular. One of my friends described it as "Audioslave meets Maroon 5"

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
My old band's first song was awesome. It was had a catchy main riff, and I mean like when you heard it, you were hooked. I was shocked at how we came up with it. We never had finished lyrics, our singer just screamed out words. We sounded great but soon we drifted apart musically. Our first song though was badass. It sounded like the catchy-ness and ingenius simplicity of Avenged Sevenfold with the force and power of a band like Shadows Fall. People loved it and it was very popular. They mainly loved my guitar solo because I did the Michael Angelo Batio hand-flipping-over-the-fretboard trick in one section. Good times.
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
Last edited by Warheart1188 at Sep 23, 2008,
It's called "Barbera." We don't have lyrics yet, but we got the name because my drummer said, "We need at least one song that is just a girl's name as the title. Think about all the big hits that have been girls names, we need one man! Something like...barbera!"
It stuck.

Also in our list of songs, Pickle Socket, Nick's Month Old Mold, Sicks, and Song A. Naming songs before lyrics can be hard.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
Well, we're in the process of writing a song based on The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri. Starts out acoustic, then turns into a thrash metal song, then turns into a piano ballad. To me, it sounds like a cross between Iced Earth and Symphony X.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
Quote by alienboy18241
It's called "Barbera." We don't have lyrics yet, but we got the name because my drummer said, "We need at least one song that is just a girl's name as the title. Think about all the big hits that have been girls names, we need one man! Something like...barbera!"
It stuck.

Also in our list of songs, Pickle Socket, Nick's Month Old Mold, Sicks, and Song A. Naming songs before lyrics can be hard.

Too bad it's spelled "Barbara"

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
Too bad it's spelled "Barbara"

Fair deal man lol
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
Quote by Black Star
Well, we're in the process of writing a song based on The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri. Starts out acoustic, then turns into a thrash metal song, then turns into a piano ballad. To me, it sounds like a cross between Iced Earth and Symphony X.

Dude... thats fing awsome!

Considering my band still has no singer, I don't have lyrics, and its currently a cool instrumental. Just because of the mood when I wrote it I called it Afraid of the Dark. It has this haunting clean intro, and fades into distortion, and goes really pissed from there.
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
It was some rockish song without a name. It was a pretty bad song lol. I don't think bands should ever have their best song be their first, but i've been proved wrong numerous times before
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

our first song was really great to write, we added new parts every week to it, now its complete and its our best song, its becoming quite popular in our school, it is a pop-punk song
it was about mondays, the main riff is done by the bass and it is very catchy, then the guitar and the drums come in with energy and there is a small break, after that the voice starts, and the bridge is quite awesome IMO, the end is probably the part i just dont feel is good enoug for the soung
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
its called blueprints for backdrafts. we wrote it as an alternative song but the drummer was like "dude. lets make the chorus a dance beat." so we tried it...and it worked...really well. its one of my favorite songs out of our like 7to play
Well, Jesus Christ, I'm not scared to die,

I'm a little bit scared of what comes after

Do I get the gold chariot?

Do I float through the ceiling?
It was a thrash metal song (not totally thrash, sort of like a mix of thrash and NWOBHM) with two riffs that I still really like. Overall I think it's a really good song, we got a really awesome reception the one time we played it.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
It was a heavy but melodic song.. sounded a bit like escape the fate or funeral for a friend meets limp bizkit.

it was about raping someone =| (but it wasnt obviously so)

people loved it, even though back then our singer wasnt very good (we got a proper one later on)

(a spin off (rip off?) band started soon after our first gig, and ripped off our style and wrote a song just like it )

it actually had some really good parts instrumentally, which i was supprised with. we were like 14 back then, and it was the first proper band we'd ever been in, and our first proper original.
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
Thrash type song. Called "Decimation". About a Tyrant who rules over their people, instilling their authority through fear.
Well, we're an acoustic band, and our first show was at a school sponsored event. Naturally, like everyone at school was there. All the girls and many of the guys liked it, pretty much everyone except the metalheads.
The first song I wrote was an awful pop punk song about standardized testing. I thought it was incredibly awesome, and that I was so cool, and now I realize that it's repetitive, far too short, and generally crappy. I hadn't thought at all about it for months, and then I saw the original lyrics on my floor yesterday...I tried to fix them but it was to no avail. The first song my "band" (me and my little brother) wrote together is nice, though, about our first show.
our first wasnt that bad at thetime music wise, the lyrics were just gibberish that we all stuck together. The song has since been dropped and we have more better ones done now
A piece of shit 4 chord pop punk song about Snakes on a Plane.
Music Myspace

Quote by Kensai
Just don't do it in las vegas, new york or miami. Their CSI teams will find you and hunt you down without mercy.
ours was a 4 chord love song (thats what you get when the chick writes the lyrics), and strangely, heaps of people thought it was great. i still dont know why..
Who decided that pie would be sold on Tuesday but not Wednesday?
Our first song we wrote as a band is an awesome reggae song, but the first song we all played together was like a latin rythym played fast with a punk drum beat and a disco bassline and a straight up punk bridge and blues solo... it's called bodies and we love to play it
our first song was written on our first night as a band, by the two founding members (me and the other guitarist). it's 30 seconds long, with the simplest music ever, and it's about how our third member is always late everywhere he goes. we all know it sucks, but everyone who's heard it says it's funny because it's true. it's become a band gimmick, since even the guy it's about thinks it's funny
Rock In Peace, Ronnie James Dio

my gear:
Charvel Model 4
Custom Superstrat w/ DiMarzios (under construction)
Peavey Vypyr
saving up for a better amp
Horrible.

None of us knew what we were doing.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Our first song is a kina short punk-ish thing, it's been developed and changed while the band has been going on, it's current version is still on our myspace, under the name of Possibilities
My first bands first song.. Woah.. Must've been "Jesus Christ, Food for Flies", hehe..

That was a song we just made.. You know, to see if it could work, and to play together, and learn to give eachother space.. It ended up alright.. we actually played it at a few shows, and such. People seemed to like it more than we did ourselves, hehe. Anyway, it went fine with it. Now it is in my mental book of history. Good history, hehe.
My band's first song is called "Last Chance"; many people called it a cross between Maiden and Slayer.
Quote by PoundCakeJay
Out of curiosity, how did your bands first song turn out?

The song was called "Cool Like You" and it turned out quite well. I'm quite happy with it, overall, in all respects. This was not, however, the first original song I ever did with a band. That was a whole other story.....

Quote by PoundCakeJay
What were the lyrics about and what was the first response of the song from others?

The song is about being happy with yourself and who you are, as opposed to striving to fit in with a group of people who might have their appeal, but really aren't you. It is based on a real experience, where the antagonist is actually a girl I went out with. She did, in fact, drive "a hot rod Camaro and party all night." She was also lonely, self-centered, and miserable.

Response has been overall positive. It was the lead song off of our first CD, and got airplay on both commercial and campus radio.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by PoundCakeJay
Out of curiosity, how did your bands first song turn out?

You mean the first song we wrote with all out ideas in it. Um... I don't think I've ever written a song and had everyone's opinion form parts of it. That makes me sound controlling but I am the songwriter, other band members bring stuff in and I mess with it to make it work... maybe just lyrics, or a guitar riff and I finish the rest.

It's what I love to do. However the first would probably have been "Bass Case" written by the lead guitarist, I wrote counter melodies and music parts, and he wrote the music, drummer did his own thing instead of copying what I said
Quote by PoundCakeJay
What were the lyrics about and what was the first response of the song from others? Did it turn out to be successful or an embarrassment to your band?

It was graet fun to play. The song was about my bass guitar case which was right in front of the lead guitarist for the first half of our practice. And consisted of the line "Bass Case" repeated at a certain chord change of the song (this was possibly 3 years ago and I can't remember what the change was, but it worked and we didn't feel the need for extra lyrics).

I don't write stuff like that normally, I base songs around lyrics, he did things the other way. I'm sad he won't work with me musically anymore
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
A song called estimated guess. Its got a real old school pop punk feel (buzzcocks style) The singer wrote most the words but I wrote the chorus which is awesome. Its a song that i could really listen too without being in the band if you get me.
My first band; a Pop Punk song called 'No' about not being allowed to go to a gig. The lyrics were God awful, I put on a old woman's voice for the backing vocals but the riff was pretty damn catchy!
The first original song my band ever did is called Mean Machine. Its a heavy metal dropped-D thing, sort of alice in chainsy, sort of megadethish. The lyrics were about my dissatisfaction with how everybody is becoming robotic and ignorant, and how every day more people are dying in senseless wars.
Pretty embrassing... I dont know what the hell the lyrics are they sound borderline emo and wierd... There not bad but its just our new lyrics are about philosophy and stuff... And its just so not our style anymore but the solos good! Go to my bands myspace in my sig its called "promise of the dead."
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
Quote by FuzzyBear
our first one is still one of my favourites, its called god only knows.

have a listen on our myspace if you fancy it, unfortuanately it turned out as probably our weakest recording

http://www.myspace.com/ourescapeuk

you guys have a lot of potential, just from listening on your myspace,
scott on the rocks and damn the man are pretty kickass
i'll be sure to keep an eye on your stuff.

btw, any chance you're comin to the US any time soon?
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Our first song is actually pretty good. It's called "Those Three Words (I'll Miss You). I wrote all the guitars, and pretty much the bass line too. Our drummer did he's parts himself. Our bassist actually wrote the lyrics. They're pretty good, they're about moving on from a past relationship. I'm proud of it, it's the first song I had ever written before. It's funny too, there was a good amount of time between when people first heard that song and heard any of our other stuff, but that one song got us a ton of fans, lol.

You can check out the song here-Myspace.com/palindromanious
Our first song we wrote is called Don't Stop. Its sounds decent, but the lyrics are really weak. Actually, lyrics in most of our songs are weak because the lead guitarist/singer just kinda mumbles what sounds decent while playing it and then just writes some crap down. leaving the songs without any real meaning.
you can see it hear if you want http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KgOvVMHgF8
Page 1 of 2