Page 1 of 2
So, suppose a time-machine was invented, where would you go back in time to?

I would go back to the Dinosaurs. It would be incredibly interesting.. but only if I could come back.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Last edited by Iriathz at Sep 23, 2008,
I would go back to the time when people actually used the Searchbar

Oh wait...

Hmm, maybe I would go back to kill you before you made this thread?

But seriously, I would probably go to the Jurassic period, so I could meet John McCain
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
i'd go to the 70's! it's a better scence for music!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

LETS HEADBANG TO METAL!

If you give a mouse a cookie,satan will get angry
Quote by silhouettica
I would go back to the time when people actually used the Searchbar

Quote by soulflyV
I would go back to before this thread was created.

Real original.
My Last.fm
The question is not, "Where," Marty but, "When."

You would go to the 80s because it had an awesome music scene? Where? I find it hard to believe that the entire world had an awesome scene for the entire decade.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by soulflyV
I would go back to before this thread was created.

Good answer +1
Quote by VertigodowN
i would go to woodstock and jump up on the stage and have sex

With the stage?

Watch out for splinters man!

This reminds me of that guy who fucked a picnic table...
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
Quote by civildp1
The question is not, "Where," Marty but, "When."

You would go to the 80s because it had an awesome music scene? Where? I find it hard to believe that the entire world had an awesome scene for the entire decade.

I was referring to the country I live in.
My Last.fm
I would go back a couple of years, be my own wingman and assure myself ass.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by VertigodowN
i would go to woodstock and jump up on the stage and get beaten to oblivion by the guards

Fixed

Maybe 0 AC? Or maybe to the date where according to the Jewish calendar the world was created, to see what the hell actually happened.
The roman campaigns? Maybe the Egyptian empire...

Kudos to all the ones saying the 70's and 80's. You're really original, and we all know how experiencing the music scene of that era (which by the way had as much disco as rock) is the most important thing in the world.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

1980's L.A, I could actually fit in and get some ass for the music that I listen to, and I can flaunt a red Charvel without being called a douche.
I'd get the newspaper from a year ago and todays newspaper, go back a year and play the lotto with the winning number and then again a year later!
Or if there was a way I could bring some kind of technology like a gun or a car and take over all of Europe during Roman times that'd be cool...
Quote by Sonicxlover
I would go back a couple of years, be my own wingman and assure myself ass.

good fuc-k-ing answer.

i'd do similar but go back when i was v.young and teach my little self how to play and to appreciate all forms of music.

that way as time travel meddling works, i would come back as a friggin sick player
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
Quote by urik
Fixed

Maybe 0 AC? Or maybe to the date where according to the Jewish calendar the world was created, to see what the hell actually happened.

Kudos to all the ones saying the 70's and 80's. You're really original, and we all know how experiencing the music scene of that era (which by the way had as much disco as rock) is the most important thing in the world.

Not only disco, but I'd bet there'd be a lot of music along the lines of Sunny and Cher.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Iriathz
I was referring to the country I live in.

Ahh, so you prescribe to the Wellsian model of time travel.

Quote by LightxGrenade
I'd get the newspaper from a year ago and todays newspaper, go back a year and play the lotto with the winning number and then again a year later!

Until you discard the paper and your enemy goes back even further to fix it so his past self becomes super rich and powerful, throwing the present into a massive dystopia.

Man, you guys really suck at time travel.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Last edited by civildp1 at Sep 23, 2008,
Quote by Sonicxlover
Not only disco, but I'd bet there'd be a lot of music along the lines of Sunny and Cher.

Yeah that's what I meant by that too.
Basically guys, if you don't like Rick Astley, don't go back to the 80's. Not everything was Iron Maiden back then.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by urik
Fixed

What? I can't be an arrogant self centered asshole for a couple of years and live my fantasy?
Geez... I dont mind that the world is in shit right now, were to blame really, and we COULD fix it...but that's not gonna happen for a very long time, although someone could go back to 2000 and show a couple of video tapes from the future about what Bush has done to the economy.
If I could go anywhere in time? The 80's...

Objective: Kill the Doc and take his time machine.

*rubs hands together and laughs evily*
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Quote by kurt_cobain9
If I could go anywhere in time? The 80's...

Objective: Kill the Doc and take his time machine.

*rubs hands together and laughs evily*

little late on the back to the future reference bro.
Quote by Iriathz
So, suppose a time-machine was invented, where when would you go back in time to?
beginning of the 20th century. a truly interesting era. the advent of flight. the automobile. electric light.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I'd go back to whenever the immaculate conception occurred. I want to videotape God getting it on with the sexy, so-called virgin Mary. I'd come back, find a company to distribute it and become a millionaire. Cha-ching!

Nah, I'd write down some lottery number, go back a few years and win the lottery.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Beginning of the 20th century. A truly interesting era. The advent of flight, the automobile and electric light.

My Last.fm
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
beginning of the 20th century. a truly interesting era. the advent of flight. the automobile. electric light.

Yeah... but they didn't have the internet.

Why stop there then? Why not just go back 10,000 years and watch some moron spitting watermelon seeds as he walks by inventing agriculture.

Edit: That sounded somewhat racist as I read it a second time.
i would go back to the early 60s and hang out with Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters. that would be frickin awesome.
I'd go back in time and video tape Jesus performing miracles. Then I would show them to the pit and everyone would be like,

"Dude, that is so freakin' shooped it's not even funny. QFT n00b."
Quote by Eric 666
What? I can't be an arrogant self centered asshole for a couple of years and live my fantasy?
Geez... I dont mind that the world is in shit right now, were to blame really, and we COULD fix it...but that's not gonna happen for a very long time, although someone could go back to 2000 and show a couple of video tapes from the future about what Bush has done to the economy.

Yeah, cause it's Bush's fault and not the private sector's fault.

I'd probably go back 2000 years and check out the whole Jesus thing. That'd be chill.
Quote by pugnapugnapugna

I'd probably go back 2000 years and check out the whole Jesus thing. That'd be chill.

Those 2000 years of hype set you up for a huge disappointment I'd bet. There's a good chance that the real Jesus Christ did not actually defy laws of physics. Who knows though?
Quote by Trefellin
Why stop there then? Why not just go back 10,000 years and watch some moron spitting watermelon seeds as he walks by inventing agriculture.
i'm more interested in mechanical invention than biology and agriculture.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Page 1 of 2