Alright, I got a new guitar in August. I've had it for a month now and one of the strings just broke, is there any explaination to this? And so you know I only play for about half an hour a day.
were the strings on the guitar new when you got it? if they werent then they might be in need of changing. either that or if its the high e string, you might have a sharp edge on the fretboard somehwhere. what kind of guitar is it?
Epiphone LP Special II. It broke after the bridge. Pretty much where the string ends. And yeah, it's the high e. Brand new guitar.
Dude strings break all the time. get used to it.

n00b
Gear List is too long to sig.

JOIN THE TRUMPET PLAYERS ALLIANCE!
Quote by Supertait
^yeah that would be the problem here, they're a few tiles short of a roof and wouldnt undertand.

Lol^^
I'm not an idiot. I've been playing guitar for years. These strings were only a month old.
Sounds like their might be a sharp edge on the bridge.

Quote by littel
Dude strings break all the time. get used to it.

n00b

I've never broken a string while playing in 6 years.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Dude, maybe you just got a flawed set. Sh*t happens, get yourself some more.
yeah, strings break all the time.

If it broke at the bridge, check for any sharp edges on the saddle that could have helped it break.

If not, then were the strings on the guitar when you bought it?
Because if the guitar has been played by other people at the store or anything, then they've been on the guitar and played on for longer than you owned it.

If not that, either, then hey. What can you do?
Strings break.
You can always buy a new one..
If you look at the bridge in a picture of the guitar there isn't much there to be sharp.
Quote by MatrixClaw
Sounds like their might be a sharp edge on the bridge.

I've never broken a string while playing in 6 years.

we found God!

seriously strings break, w/e buy a new damn pack and dont complain

i've broken strings after months of use and after a few days

DRs are the best imo.
i have the same guitar and although i've never had a string brake I wouldn't panic if it did. just add some new strings.
if it happens 3 times in a row within a week then make a thread.
I need to condense my thoughts. I looked at it and it's not sharp. The guitar was in the warehouse, not out of display. I do upstroke a lot if that does anything. I've been playing Thunderstruck a lot lately. The whole beginning and end are on the high e string.
D'Addario 10-46, $5.97, have fun

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Damn. I need to use my shitty guitar. I don't have any money for strings right now. I have more improtant things to pay for.
thats why! Thunderstruck! that explains everything! you're guitar needs to be upgraded before it can play that song, you can install a patch that might work.

what is this witchcraft?
seriously, strings should be changed roughly once a month anyway plus these were the ones it came with and also it's like the worst epiphone you can get so no wonder
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
You can't spare 6 bucks for strings? That sucks man
Gear List is too long to sig.

JOIN THE TRUMPET PLAYERS ALLIANCE!
Quote by Supertait
^yeah that would be the problem here, they're a few tiles short of a roof and wouldnt undertand.

Lol^^
The grammar present in this thread makes me fear for the future of the english language. Anyway on the the problem at hand. Yes strings break when they get old or if your bend a lot. However you may want to check your bridge and tailpiece to see if there are any sharp edges where your string touches the metal. If so you can get a small file and smooth it out and lubricate the surface where your strings hit the bridge with a little lip balm, carmex, chapstick, etc, etc will do. Also you can use Vaseline as a lubricant. One more thing you may want to lubricate your nut too because strings can bind up at the nut and break there as well.
Hope this helps
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
Quote by Pwningplayer
Damn. I need to use my shitty guitar. I don't have any money for strings right now. I have more improtant things to pay for.

Wth, you don't have a spare $10?
Sheesh.. You must be in debt or something.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by Pwningplayer
I need to condense my thoughts. I looked at it and it's not sharp. The guitar was in the warehouse, not out of display. I do upstroke a lot if that does anything. I've been playing Thunderstruck a lot lately. The whole beginning and end are on the high e string.
No, they're on the B string. =P
Dude, it's just a string.
Get a new pair. You could even buy just that string, for like $1 if you really can't buy a pack.

If you do buy a pack, I recommend Elixir Anti Rust Nanowebs. They'll last much, much longer then others.
Be lucky you don't play bass. Bass strings cost an arm and a leg.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
The saddles on TOM bridges are known for having sharp edges. Its not a big deal. A nail file works wonders to smooth the notches in the saddles.
The strings might not have been the best kind, maybe that's why they broke...?

Don't sweat, it happens to the best of us. And I just find it annoying when you put on a fresh, awsome set of strings, and then one string snaps right away. Or accidentally cutting the actual string instead of/along with the extra that hangs off of the tuning peg hole.