Good enough for Billy Gibbons, sure.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
YES. I put one in my squire strat. Sounds amazing. If you like rock/blues-rock/blues that is. It can do funk, but metal...prolly not.
theoreticmusic clearly has no sense of history
Fender 5 String Jazz Bass
Fender Precision Bass
Peavey TNT 115
EHX Bass Big Muff Pi
Daneletro Cool Cat OD V2 (excellent pedal)
Paul Reed Smith SE Custom Semi-Hollow
Peavey Classic 30
Vox V845 Classic Wah Pedal
Quote by Fuzzle
theoreticmusic clearly has no sense of history

You clearly have no idea how personal tone works.
Saying Billy Gibbons used them doesn't mean that you'll like them or they'll sound good for what you want to do.
Served.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
haha ok, the stuff i'm usin it for is like along the lines of the intros of "to live is to die" by metallica style of music we're tryin to write...starts off mellow and clean, then i switch guitars and do the heavy shit
would i be better off with somethin else?

.....didnt know double posting within 3 minutes was a problem...this is the internet man!
Last edited by thedekker at Sep 24, 2008,
You'd be better off not double posting within 3 minutes. Use the edit button. It's there for a reason.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

The PG should be fine. Also consider the Dimarzio ToneZone (for bridge) and Super Distortion

Quote by thedekker
......didnt know double posting within 3 minutes was a problem...this is the internet man!

you'd be best served by reading the rules. this is the internet, but more importantly, this is UG, and there are certain rules you have to adhere to in order to be a part of this community.

Don't judge me.
I would use the neck for stuff that is soft and then switch to bridge for heavier parts.
Quote by thedekker
haha ok, the stuff i'm usin it for is like along the lines of the intros of "to live is to die" by metallica style of music we're tryin to write...starts off mellow and clean, then i switch guitars and do the heavy shit

....Why would you NEEED to switch guitars mid-song? That seems impractical.

The Pearly Gates are what I think of when someone needs rude, crude blues rock. Not a great clean pickup.
you'd probably be better off getting a bridge pup that would sound great heavy as hell and a neck pup that is geared more toward cleans

such as (for example only)

Bridge pup - Dimarzio D-sonic
Neck pup - Dimarzio Humbucker from hell
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
QUOTEWhy would you NEEED to switch guitars mid-song? That seems impractical

Impractical? or awesome???! I have 2 Mockingbirds, and Evil Edge SE and a Special (white).... Evil edge is equipped with dimebuckers, and i need soemthin clean for the white one
you're exactly the sort of person to think that this is cool:

Gibson LP w/SD59+PRS Dragon II
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele
PRS Tremonti SE w/Bulldog Extremist/Black Label

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live
Quote by thedekker
QUOTEWhy would you NEEED to switch guitars mid-song? That seems impractical

Impractical? or awesome???! I have 2 Mockingbirds, and Evil Edge SE and a Special (white).... Evil edge is equipped with dimebuckers, and i need soemthin clean for the white one

Sorry, but things only look cool when they're done naturally, if you're going out of your way to do something impractical like that, you just look like you're trying way too hard. Which you are. Do yeah. Don't.

Would you go to McDonalds for a burger and then Burger King for fries? For the same meal?
Last edited by al112987 at Sep 24, 2008,
dont be an ass

i found a guitar shape i like, i have 2 of them, so i'm usin different pickups for different sounds. dont call the dimebucker a piece of crap....its great for what i'm using it for and the sound i'm after. i'm lookin for advice not criticism

i'm in the recording stage, so i can switch guitars as often as i want...not in concert or anything like that.
Okay. The recording instead of live thing is crucial. But still.
He's allowed to call the dimebucker a piece of crap. In reality, it is. It's overpriced for what you get. people only buy it because it's got Dime's name, even though he never even used it.

Don't judge me.
fair enough, but you can do pinch harmonics without even thinking about it
plus most of the dean guitars you pick up nowadays are equipped with dimebuckers
Quote by thedekker
plus most of the dean guitars you pick up nowadays are equipped with dimebuckers

OOOH, Pinch. Yay.

You won't get any sympathy with that one either, because most of us feel like deans are overpriced hunks of shit with strings. Again, Dime's name.

Don't judge me.
sell your mocknigcocks and buy a decent guitar with a seymour duncan pickups
how bout jb/59 combo.
i know a few people that personally dont like them but common my squeer's refrigerator magnet pickup can outplay a dimebucker.
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
Quote by thedekker

I can do the same thing on my vintage output single coil equipped Strat copy...It's all about your technique and your amp.
Quote by thedekker

...I know. It's a sad deal.