it seems like every thread most people make is in the category of a "Ultimate" thread

i feel its lame

no one can ask a question Pointed towards a specific subject within a subject

i feel this isnt the way it should be enforced

i think the religion thread should be to keep people from making another "Religion" thread and not just asking about their own Religious question

certain things i can see how that works like with the Drawball thread and the sex thread but

i mean come on
if i make a thread on how this girl was biting me and crap 5$ says it'll get closed and i'll be pointed to the relationship thread

but heres my loophole
were not in a relationship therefore it doesent really apply

and sometimes people just want an answer for a question then the thread can be abandoned

well anyway thank you for reading my Rant
and discuss
Last edited by hightension01 at Sep 23, 2008,
I actually completely agree with you. "Ultimate" threads are overlooked for the most part unless you are the one with a question. If you see a thread is about a girl, don't click on it, easy.
HEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY YOUUUU GUYYYYYYSSSS
hah, yeh feedback thread probably

But yes, I wanted to do today a thread for a tattoo that i want to get, and before that i thought.. ok.. the modification body thread...
BUt it's not the same, as your posts get mixed with the post of other people, and finally there is not a good exchange of the ideas for the subject i was looking for :/
Since 2002 using UG. This page teached me how to play guitar and help'd me to embrace the passion of my life: Music.
Quote by catchy phrase
This should be in the feedback thread.

lol @ irony....

But I have to admit, I'm sick of everyone yelling "SEARCHBAR" all the time.

If ppl wanna make new threads, let them.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
Actually, threads like the relationship thread are heavily trafficked by both questioners and answerers. I don't think there is much of a problem.
Agreed. I once asked why they don't turn the relationship thread into a relationship sub forum, so it's easier to navigate. But it seems that the pit is enough off topic for UG .
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by USAPeavey
lol @ irony....

But I have to admit, I'm sick of everyone yelling "SEARCHBAR" all the time.

If ppl wanna make new threads, let them.

thats my point exactly

i think people who Necromance old threads should be dealt with instead of not allowing new threads
Yeah, It's always bothered me.
You don't get the same focus as you do in a private thread.

Besides, technically you could class every subject and have a shit load of ultimate threads to where no one could make a nww thread. Which really shows the ridiculousness of preventing threads.
the reason the threads are here is that soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many people ALWAYS and OFTEN ask the same bloody questions. People always say 'use the searchbar' because there's probably already a thread on the exact thing you're going to ask.

The relationship thread is for guys who want to whinge/ask something about a girl they we're/are/want to be involved with.

clear?
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
Quote by bigtimmy
the reason the threads are here is that soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many people ALWAYS and OFTEN ask the same bloody questions. People always say 'use the searchbar' because there's probably already a thread on the exact thing you're going to ask.

The relationship thread is for guys who want to whinge/ask something about a girl they we're/are/want to be involved with.

clear?

no the relationship thread is for all the Fat guys who sit in front of their computer listening to slayer all day who are afraid to ask a girl out so they ask the internet expecting a good answer and they get a decent one but they dont put it to use because theyre to afraid of rejection
Quote by urik
Agreed. I once asked why they don't turn the relationship thread into a relationship sub forum, so it's easier to navigate. But it seems that the pit is enough off topic for UG .

probably because the primary function of the site is for music and instruments, not for general discussion.

posting in "only" threads is much more likely to get you serious answers.

usually when people post a thread about a girl or about religion, at least half of the replies tend to be spam.

IMO closing them is more of a way of cutting back on spam than anything else.