http://www.kitguitarsforum.com/forum/threads.php?id=1312_0_5_0_C

check out this mod. I found these nippers online for $5 each and ordered 3 of them... even combined with shipping, 3 were half the price of the stewmac screw's "specialty" tool. The mod took 5 minutes and I've already tested mine out. Granted, there's a little leftover that needs to be filed - but even stewmac suggests filing down the leftover from their tool...

it's an easy way to save $40
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Very interesting.

Modified Nibbler.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
I've just been using a cutting disk on my dremel. That looks a heck of a lot better, I'll have to see if I can find one in mid wales.

Thanks for the link.
Not taking any online orders.
at first I was going to just use my fret wire nippers and take two cuts but then i found this mod and was like damn this looks much better!

I love the do it yourself tool tricks you can find online to really stick it to stewmac. I love their service but I hate their prices... they're ridiculous.
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology