it's kinda sad that i'm hearing this only after 5 years of constant playing, but i heard that the neck pickup is good for leads, as opposed to the bridge pickup. wouldn't the bridge be better for lead since the neck is so bassy?
Quote by Jackintehbox
Pedophilia all the way man. Go for it.

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm always too embarrassed to buy condoms. Saran wrap is cheaper, anyway.
i use the bridge pickup for pretty much everything
the only times i use the neck pickup with the tone up is for really clean chords (ska) or with the tone down for really laser-like solos or riffs (smashing pumpkins)
i nearly always use the bridge, for solos especially
Quotes from other UGers in your signatures that talk about how good you are suck donkey schlong.
i use the neck when I need more sustain, but my bridge sounds good, it all depends on the mood and feel in the song (except metal cause it requires little emotion), but its all personal preference
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American 52 Telecaster RI
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Tanglewood Acoustic
Fender F-80-12
Various Pedals
Orange Rockerverb 50 Head
Orange Cabinets
I switch all the time. With two tone and two volume knobs on the guitar alone, not only can you have a slew of different sounds at your finger tips, but both the bridge and neck pickups have a distinct sound. I usually use the bridge pickup for leads on higher gain settings and the neck on lower ones, but both pickups are great for pretty much everything.

However, I rarely use the neck pickup for distorted rhythm playing. I love the attack and bite of the bridge pickup.
Quote by jordy-77
i use the neck when I need more sustain, but my bridge sounds good, it all depends on the mood and feel in the song (except metal cause it requires little emotion), but its all personal preference

oh my god, metal DOES have emotion. anger is an emotion too, you know.

and there are so many different emotions in some metal songs. just...ugh, that's beside the point.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Pedophilia all the way man. Go for it.

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm always too embarrassed to buy condoms. Saran wrap is cheaper, anyway.
I usually use my bridge pickup for distorted stuff and rhythm and my neck pickup for leads and cleans. It really does depend on what tone you're going for, though.
my favorite rythm setting are these
standard Strat
2nd position on the switch (bridge and middle pickup)
tone down

i run it thru a marshall valvestate with some kind of soft OD

however that's for the rythm...
for the lead i switch to the bridge pickup
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
I run an HH model ML, and when I do the solos that need a little more "Air" in them, I use a blend of the neck and bridge position, with a bit of treble rolled off by the tone knob.

The pickup blend really softens up the bite of the bridge pickup, and conversely brightens the neck pickup during a clean passage too. I like that alot.

This idea works if you have an HH model. My Stagemaster is HSH, so i have to do a bit more to pump the bite on the neck if i ever bother to use it.
GTFO my sig
for sweeping i always use the neck pickup, just sounds a lot cleaner. I use the neck pickup a lot on solos especially for slower more soulful leads. Just depends on the sound you want.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by clay pots
it's kinda sad that i'm hearing this only after 5 years of constant playing, but i heard that the neck pickup is good for leads, as opposed to the bridge pickup. wouldn't the bridge be better for lead since the neck is so bassy?

It doesn't matter - it's up to you to decide whichever sound suits whatever it is you happen to be playing
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I can barely tell the difference, but it might be cause I have a cheap guitar (Dean Vendetta) which was allitle over 100 euros
Quote by JeffWiredBeck24
I prefer my neck pickup in most situations. I love the Air Norton sound.

-high fives- Air Nortons ftw
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
i use bridge pickup most of the time if playing metal but i use neck pickup when i want a cleaner fuller tone.
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab
Quote by jordy-77
(except metal cause it requires little emotion

epic fail
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by steven seagull
It doesn't matter - it's up to you to decide whichever sound suits whatever it is you happen to be playing

Mark/Steven/Seagull wins internetz again!
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I prefer both pickups with the volume rolled down a little on the neck.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
it depends on the tone of the pickups.
Quote by SmashandBurn
Teacher: "There will be a test tomorrow no exceptions."

Student: "What about complete and utter sexual exhaustion?"

Teacher: "You'll just have to write with your other hand."

Quote by imdeth
Lesbian Link ladies. Oh yes.
The neck pickup sounds juicier as oppose to the bridge pickup which makes solos sound sharp and ear splitting (like complete noise).
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

I use bridge for rythm, and the neck pickup for leads or if I'm playing clean. The neck pickup generally gives a much rounder and fuller sound, and the bridge give a more sharp edged sound which is good for harmonics and stuff in my opinion.