I know my way around a bass guitar but starting TODAY my new SR300 began buzzing on the 9th fret of the A string and only there so of course i raised the action a little and turned it into a "sizzle" ya know when you just get that buzz as you let off the fret, anyway....

after a few hours of jammin i run across the 9th fret on the A and again its buzzing, so i made the adjustment again this time in order to eleviate the buzz the string is very high and uneven to play, this resulted in some loud cursing and throwing things...

so after i raised all the string to even out the action its not comfortable to play and i played a few more lines and put er away for a few hours now i pick it up for a lil late night practice sesh and the buzz is back but ONLY on the 9th fret WTF guys?

Truss Rod...cause i wont do it myself and i cant belive that the neck twisting would cause only one bad fret...unless someone here tells me otherwise...

AS USUAL THANKS VERY MUCH UG !
thats pretty weird. it's remotely possible the neck is warping a bit. it's an odd problem. try looking at what fret the string is buzzing on. if you have experience maybe a bit of filing could help. maybe a new pair of strings it could just be a notch in the strings or something. do you have a floating bridge? that might be causing something.
its an "Accu-Cast bridge" where you dont "slide the strings into it you just lay them on the saddles practically and the more i inspect it i notice the bridge cavity isnt even with the body like the bridge tilts into the body sorta doesnt look right now that im taking a close look at things...

Im gonna pick up a set of EB reg slinkys tomorrow...ive also heard these indonesian basses aree trouble but man its a beautiful thing it was an impulse buy for sure...
THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT
Buy a fretless. No more fret buzz.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
i have one but it doesnt sound near as good...what kind of answer is that?

you can still have buzz on a FL BTW....
You can have buzz but it's not fret buzz, it's just plain old buzz. You can't have fret buzz because there's no frets.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
^but it is still a pain in the deriaire to play with

Sounds like TS's fret is uneven, take it to a shop
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
hmmm it must be microscopic but figures it took +30 days to show up...either way thanks all for advice im gonna try new strings, but ive already spoken to my shop and they'll see er on fri unless anyone has more cool input/advice

/thread
Maybe it's just bad frets. Seriously. Even high-enders can have flaws during factory assembly. Personally, I think this is a neck/fretting problem all together. Take it to the shop, let `em handle that
Quote by HATe410
hmmm it must be microscopic but figures it took +30 days to show up...either way thanks all for advice im gonna try new strings, but ive already spoken to my shop and they'll see er on fri unless anyone has more cool input/advice

/thread

Changes in weather temperature and humidity can do strange things to an instrument, that may have cause the glue to melt in the fret or you neck to warp a little
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
Sounds like a bad fret. Maybe a levelling crowning job would be a good idea?
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
any idea how much thats gonna cost me?

Generally how much does a complete setup cost on a not so fancy 4 stringer?

i usually adjust action myself but ive never had a NEED to make advanced adjustment until recently moving into a house with roomates and my jam room is now in the basement rather than the 3rd floor in the apartment it used to be in...furthermore theres a sump pump down here and it can get humid sucks but noone wants the music upstairs....and the owner insists on kepping the thermo at 78 in the summer and 68 in the winter..im not happy but its where i can afford to live...
and this guy doesnt understand why hes always sweating all summer cold all winter...his computers always breakdown and his guitars are all warped to hell....Mr.Cheapskate will drive 50 miles to buy cheaper groceries but wont LIVE comfortably...completely retarded....
Last edited by HATe410 at Sep 25, 2008,