Friday I have my first Open Air show, and second show ever. It's at a high school, on a football field, HUGE open space. To power it I have a Peavey Ultra Plus 120 and an Avatar 2x12 for the cab. It needs to be miced. It's plenty loud, but for open air outside with screaming high school kids it just needs to be louder.

How do I go about doing this? I want the sound to come out of the cab AND the PA system at the same time. The PA has line in's and whatever we need.

I was thinking either a) Plug it in directly to the PA system somehow if possible, or b) put a microphone in front of the speakers.

if a), what do I plug in the back to the PA? There's two speaker outs, one to the cab obviously.. and theres a preamp out.. I want the powertube tone to come through the PA though..

if b) then I know nothing about positioning the mic in the right place. it's a wireless, not very high quality, mic that will be on a stand most likely.

Help, any help is good
Quote by rabblerouser89
Friday I have my first Open Air show, and second show ever. It's at a high school, on a football field, HUGE open space. To power it I have a Peavey Ultra Plus 120 and an Avatar 2x12 for the cab. It needs to be miced. It's plenty loud, but for open air outside with screaming high school kids it just needs to be louder.

How do I go about doing this? I want the sound to come out of the cab AND the PA system at the same time. The PA has line in's and whatever we need.

I was thinking either a) Plug it in directly to the PA system somehow if possible, or b) put a microphone in front of the speakers.

if a), what do I plug in the back to the PA? There's two speaker outs, one to the cab obviously.. and theres a preamp out.. I want the powertube tone to come through the PA though..

if b) then I know nothing about positioning the mic in the right place. it's a wireless, not very high quality, mic that will be on a stand most likely.

Help, any help is good

Ideally you want to Mic your amp. Have the volume on the day loud enough so you can hear yourself and hopefully loud enough for powertube saturation, and then you will also have your guitar coming out of the FOH speakers. People have different preferences for different Mic positions its trial an error. Try straight on, at an angle and various distances from the speaker.
Gear:

07 Gibson LP Vintage Mahogany
90-91 Fender MIJ '62 Reissue Strat
Fender Acoustic/Electric
Marshall TSL601 Combo
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Boss Tu-2
Quote by Leper_Messiah_
Ideally you want to Mic your amp. Have the volume on the day loud enough so you can hear yourself and hopefully loud enough for powertube saturation, and then you will also have your guitar coming out of the FOH speakers. People have different preferences for different Mic positions its trial an error. Try straight on, at an angle and various distances from the speaker.

FOH speakers?

120 watts pumping a 2x12 is pretty loud though. I plan to take it up to about 8/10 in volume.

Would that mess up the mic? I don't want the air blowing into the mic and messing it up