just made this today, i like it
posting in gp5.2 format,
don't worry about the low volumes, it crescendo's
enjoy crit4crit
Attachments:
Enter The Black.zip
Quote by Roc8995
I ran into some fingering issues. I can get it up to speed the way I've been fingering it, but I'm wondering if you guys have any better ideas, because it seems like there should be an easier way to finger this.

Don't worry there is Roc, there is
Last edited by IamBeast at Sep 25, 2008,
Writing as I listen:

Intro, beautiful I have a good feeling about this. Good phrasing. Great chord introduction and progression with left hand. Later chords not liking too much, strange dynamics and a bit too much dissonance (Bar 18 onwards) The melody and theme is fantastic though, very creepy.

62 - 69 was intense, although it could be more so. It has great potential if you were to continue working on it. Just make it insane.

The guitar confused the hell out of me I thought I was hearing things.

Around the 100 bar mark, quiet outro very stylish and I loved the section before the outro. Bar 113 was awesome.

Altogether a good song. How long were you working on this?

It would be cool if youCritique my song please
about 3 hours on and off
Quote by Roc8995
I ran into some fingering issues. I can get it up to speed the way I've been fingering it, but I'm wondering if you guys have any better ideas, because it seems like there should be an easier way to finger this.

pretty awesome and pretty bad at certain points IMO.

intro was great. very nice little chord progression there. it continued to stay stable until around where you first used triplets. then, it just got kind of annoying sorry. those tritones just do not sound good at all there. I suggest you change that up somehow. all other parts of that section were still good though.
the volume swells are cool but they are a little overdone. not as in you use them too much, but the fact that they get way too loud.

great guitar solo. really nice phrasing and the such. I think you could have had more of a climax though.
the power chords sound really awkward though.
I like the guitar stuff you do near the end. sounds really cool.
crash's at the end don't sound good though.

but overall really awesome song. I loved the vibe. great work

could you crit mine? it's in my sig.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Hey i fixed the discordance in the guitar powerchord bit and added gp4 and midi formats, will sound terrible unless its in gp5.2 though as mixing will be out.
also about the crashes at the end, i wanted the sound that you get by hitting the ride increasingly harder with the soft end sticks but couldn't find anything close
Quote by Roc8995

Don't know if it's worthy of another topic post so ill add it in here. i used the chords of the key change part to make another song only using classical instruments (bar 44 onwards)
Attachments:
Enter the el classico.zip
Quote by Roc8995

Last edited by IamBeast at Sep 25, 2008,
Loved the intro, I thought it was really strong.

Although I really didn't care for that 6/4 bar, I'm not really sure why you put it there, all it really does is kill the flow and the feel that the intro developed.

I loved that section that started at bar 44, very cool. The mood change in bar 52/53 was cool, I almost thing it could be extended another couple bars though.

The guitar solo was well phrased, but I didn't always care for your choice in notes. Also, I really thing it could have used some strong bends and a little vibrato to beef it up a little.

Using the guitar for the melody from bar 78 on was really nice.

97-104 sounded a little weird with the guitar scratching. I didn't really like it much.

The outro was cool if not a little abrupt.
Overall this song is rather good, it has a lot of potential.

The intro was beautiful, I loved the feel and flow of it. The chord progression work really well. I thought the rising volume in the left hand was very nice, it worked well, gave it a really creepy atmosphere about it.
Bar 44 onwards was brilliant in bringing together that creepy atmosphere. It really does sound like something from a creepy thriller movie or something of that sort.
I don't know if it was the crappy midi, but the guitar lead was a bit weird for me. Some bits flowed well and others didn't. Bars 78 -87 worked well.I think the clean guitar really didn't work well with the song at all. I don't know what was going on with those harmonics at the end, but man, I hated them.
But the piano at the end was really nice in finishing the song well.

Some bits need work and some are fine. Overall, good song, no major things to point out. Overall, I say 7/10.

Critique my song please when you have time?
In my sig.

►_Eggonesix_◄
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Quote by IamBeast
Don't know if it's worthy of another topic post so ill add it in here. i used the chords of the key change part to make another song only using classical instruments (bar 44 onwards)

I don't know if it is a classical song, sounds more like a march, maybe some medieval/renassaince influences in there...

The intro sounded cool, I didn't like that much the fact that it started abruptly, maybe have the timpani start and then add the trombone. By the way, can trombones play 2 simultaneous sounds? (I really don't know though)

I like how the strings come and how they lead to the flutes' melody.
I really liked the flutes' melody (is it in Cminor? You use lots of accidentals and I can't figure out the key, since it doesn't resolve that much)
Nevermind, it is in Cminor...

I liked how you used all the orchestral instruments, I don't even know how to use the tuba
Thee drums flowed well too, although I think it is out of place in those last beats...

Anyways, great song!
Maybe you should expand it a little bit, maybe change to Ebmajor and start another movement or sorts, and then go back to Cmin..

EDIT:Maybe you wanna check my last song? (last in sig)
Last edited by gonzaw at Oct 2, 2008,