So, a couple of months ago I posted here that most of my ordered gear had arrived (IE, Little Giant cab and Jekyll&Hyde). And now, finally, after 5 months, my Handsome Devil fulltube head is here!

Update with sound clip! Clicky. It's a quick mock up to show off my tones, done in 30 minutes or so.

I got fed up with waiting for a reply by Musicstore Köln about an estimated delivery date, basically meaning that I never ever got any. So, in frustration, I e-mailed the guys at Blackheart personally.
Not a day went by before I got the first reply, by a product manager at Loud Technologies Inc. (The big chief over Blackheart, Crate, Ampeg and others). He asked me to tell me the name of the shop and other order information, and that he would find out more for me.
After a couple of e-mails back and forth, the final outcome: They sent 1 single Handsome Devil to MSK, which on arrival would be sent straight to me.

The first e-mail to Blackheart was sent on the eight of august, and this monday, the 22nd, it arrived safely at my doorstep! Or should I say backdoor, since I wasn't around at the time of the delivery, which led the delivery man to believe it would be a good idea to drop 300 euro's worth of electronics outside my house... Not so cool, when you think about it.

Anyhow, without further ado, it's here!
I hooked it up to the cab and my J&H immediately, and after some 2 hours of tweaking yesterday, it now sounds like pure awesomeness
The amp alone gives a beautiful clean sound when I roll my guitar volume back a bit. Dial a bit of drive and I get a sweet, butter-like crunch, befitting of a Marshall. Perfect for a bit of mild rock. (I'm sure it can go beyond mild rock, haven't had the time to thoroughly crank it yet)

Using the 'Jekyll' sounds awesome. It gives a nice edge to the already mildly overdriven signal. When I roll back the tone a bit, it's a perfect rock 'n' roll/heavy metal rhythm sound. Give it a bit less volume and it maintains the same edge it had on the amp alone, while still doing clean nice. And when I roll the volume down a bit more, it cleans up really nice.

Now, with Hyde (or Hyde & Jekyll both) engaged, it's pure mayhem! Awesome, awesome, awesome metal! Really thick bass, full mids, just an overall killer heavy rhythm sound! On the neck pickup it gives a very sweet, round lead tone. Using the bridge pickup 'squares' it off a bit, giving a bit more of an aggressive edge.

And finally, the looks... Ugh, it's beautiful. It's covered with black tolex, lined with white piping and the grey shade of the 'grill' gives it a very cool, boutique-like look! In combination with the Blackheart logo that's mounted boldly on to the grill, it has a really aggressive feel. I'll try and get some pictures up soon, and some clips a bit later.

All in all, it's an amazing amp! The only thing that could bug me, is the fact that the controls are so deeply embedded into the front casing, the lettering over the knobs can't be seen from where I'm standing when dialing in (I'm 1.85, the amp + cab stand to about 1 meter, I'd say). However, if that's the only thing, and for just under 300 euro's (450 if you count the cab), it's an amazing buy.

Cheers!

PS, I know, I say amazing a lot. To hell with it, it just is!

*update*
Pictures! The lighting wasn't too good today, and my flash is ridiculous (think dear caught in the headlights), but they'll do. I'm working on some clips as well.

Some more:
Artsy
Logo + neck
Last edited by Y00p at Jan 19, 2009,
That sounds nice and all, but why all the pointless formatting?

It's like reading The Sun.

Enjoy the amp.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I don't believe you unless I see some PICS!
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by Hultan
I don't believe you unless I see some PICS!

+1 to this and Timi's comment.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by timi_hendrix
That sounds nice and all, but why all the pointless formatting?

It's like reading The Sun.

Enjoy the amp.

Meh, because I can. Haha. I could have left it all out, but that would make it annoying to read.

Pics are on their way, just got back from work and I'll be making some today.

Last edited by Y00p at Sep 24, 2008,
Pictures are in the first post!

To 311ZOSOVHJH, yeah, I was really surprised by that! I should send them a cake or something.
*Slam's his beer on the counter top*

I DEMAND ZE CLIIIIPZ!!!!!

Quote by imgooley
*Slam's his beer on the counter top*

I DEMAND ZE CLIIIIPZ!!!!!

The voice recorder built into my mobile seems to disagree with you.

It records in weird formats that I can't upload to my pc.
Quote by Y00p
The voice recorder built into my mobile seems to disagree with you.

It records in weird formats that I can't upload to my pc.

So, I now finally have some recording gear installed and set up for use. I uploaded a +/- 60 sec mock up of 2 quick riffs I did, and I thought I'd upload it. It shows my basic rhythm tone, and my basic lead as well.

All guitars are directly miced from my signal chain (See signature), no software editing done on that part. The bass was recorded straight into my sound interface, and the drums are Toontrack's Drumkit from Hell! I love that plug-in....

Now, this is primarily for showing off my tones. I am not satisfied with the solo, but it was a quick one take, take-it-or-leave-it solo. The mockup was completed in 30 minutes or so, after setting up everything.

Linky (Also in first post)

I think I might have to work on the rhythm tracks a bit more, they're stuck in my head, so they must be a bit catchy.

Comment if you want!

That was pretty happening man. Nice playing for sure. Did you do rhythm too? I bet it's nice and broke in now

Edit: Sorry, when I first read 2 quick riffs I was expecting 2 clips. You did rhythm and lead on on track. Awesome.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jan 19, 2009,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

That was pretty happening man. Nice playing for sure. Did you do rhythm too? I bet it's nice and broke in now

Edit: Sorry, when I first read 2 quick riffs I was expecting 2 clips. You did rhythm and lead on on track. Awesome.

Thanks.

Yeah, by mockup of 2 riffs, I meant 'taking 2 riffs, sticking them together, and then do some lead over it'.
The amp has been great, btw. I'm still blown away at times.