Right.So I've owned this guitar for whats going on I beleave 4 years or so,but only 2 years of playing it(since it was something I had to have repaired/overhauled).It's a jackson professional,which is obvious.but theres some things that I don't know,and that confuse me.I'll list what I'm trying to find out,and also some pictures if they'll even help.

Known(maybe):
Jackson Professional
S/n:700783
Strat body style.
Single bridge humbucker
Wilkinson trem. Bridge.

Unknown:
Year and Place created
Type of pickup(since it looks stock)
WHY there is only 1 pickup(didn't see any others like this.
Type of wood (body/neck/fretboard since I can't ID by eye)

I have google searched this bitch for years,and all I've found out that it was probably made some time in the 90's in Japan.
I mean,not much but I would like to know.Especially if some douche just took a jackson neck and bolted it to some crap body,even though it doesnt really resemble a shit guitar,or even weigh like one.

Thanks in advanced guys,any help and info is a big help.
Proud Member Of The Leah Dizon Fan Club
if you take of the control pael can you see any wood in there? or tell if its plywood or not?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
No the wood is painted in there too.
I don't beleave it's plywood as I also own a squire bullet and they are NOTHING alike,this thing was bout twice as much,maybe.
Yeah, its a JRS2. Nineties japanese made Jackson. Not alot of info about it. Kickass guitar though.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Shit.Thank.I'm seriously pissed that I've never found that page.
Anyone know anything about the pickup that comes in it?

Also any info on the ad/dis-vantages of an ash body and Maple neck/fretboard.

Still gotta find out why there is only 1 pickup(desinged to be a rhythm guitar most likely)and hopefully the exact year it was made.
ash body and a bolt on maple neck is loverly. but i'm a tele player so i would say that. maple necks give a brighter sound to the guitar (isn't that a ropsewood neck though? rosewoods tend to have a darker tone, which also good) and ash bodies give off a full tone, it's not a cheap wood. I'm no shredder though and i think you guys look for different stuff in your guitars.

To me it looks like a beginners guitar, i don't mean that in a patronising way, just all guitar companes have an entry level guitar and they are either quite basic but built well like this one or more complex like their expensive stuff but are made out of mdf and stickytape. That's my guess as why there is one pick up.
Last edited by myfriendseb at Sep 24, 2008,
Nice.Yeah well,I don't feel bad for having it.Beats the hell out of a bullet.Especially whne I traded some shitty old skateboard trucks and wheels,and then paid like 150$ to get it working.

Based on the body wood and everything,think it's worth eventually upgradeing/adding pickup's?I have my eyes set on a hellraiser,but I would love to"supe"this one up and keep it around as a backup,or maybe a different sound.
Gotta love that thin ass neck though.
Its not really a beginner guitar. Its a Jackson Professional, which had the reputation (in the 90's) to be SUPER great guitars, for a decent price.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by STOJDub

Based on the body wood and everything,think it's worth eventually upgradeing/adding pickup's?

i not an expert to be honest but i from where i'm standing that guitar is just basic but it isn't crap, i don't think you'd be wasting your time upgrading.
Quote by LP_CL
Its not really a beginner guitar. Its a Jackson Professional, which had the reputation (in the 90's) to be SUPER great guitars, for a decent price.

Yeah,so I've read.I've been looking for info on the original retail price and the pickup,no luck on either.I don't notice a huge difference in the JRS 2 and JRS 1 other than the 1 has a duncan pickup and what looks to be a different model wilkinson bridge.
Yeah I read those before,but I beleave the guy that said he paid 600 or so is reviewing the JRS 1 because he mentioned the duncan pearly gates pickup.

I also discovered about a 50 price difference on the 2 bridges.