I was wondering if the car prices here are really up in the sky compared to your's?

Hello
I was just wondering if the prices here (Israel) are really high, compared to the US or any other place around the world, since I have always had a feeling that they really are high..
For example, the Golf GTI's price is 59,961$ (that's without the automatic transmission/5-door options).
Is that really high compared to the price in your area? If you can show me some comparisons, I'll be very grateful. Thanks

Also, if it might help you in order to compare, tell me and I'll post the prices for any car that you want, I just really want to know how bad (expensive) the prices are here!
Thanks
ॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐ
Quote by dannyisokay
It's our little online utopia where we smoke with folks from the far corners of the world and say things like "I'm high, heheehehe."

Quote by Ed Hunter

Thoughts about new naked airport scanner?

^
Quote by nightraven
brb applying for job at airport

Hmmm that sounds about right, they're just particularly expensive cars I think.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
no
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
its about $40,000 here (Miami, but im guessing its the same all over the USA) youre getting priced half more thats a lot dude, is that the car you plan on buying? and just wondering how much is the gas over there? (if you could tell me in dollars id be grateful lol)
D;
well it would cost less to run the car for you though. I can spend most of your pay just trying to fill up the tank sometimes.
Quote by Jaymz_515
I pretend I'm a huge spider laying eggs, then when I flush the toilet I fall to floor screaming "MY CHILLLDRENN!! NOOOO!"

If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
- Mitch Hedberg
Last edited by Jacoiskoby at Sep 24, 2008,
Quote by ughhhhhhhh
its about $40,000 here (Miami, but im guessing its the same all over the USA) youre getting priced half more thats a lot dude, is that the car you plan on buying? and just wondering how much is the gas over there? (if you could tell me in dollars id be grateful lol)

Thanks for the reply.
I'm not planning on getting a car, it's just that my interest about our high prices sparked up when I test driven a Golf 1.4 TSI (twincharged) with my dad (he's about to buy one, great car, the best mix of economy and performance).
The fuel prices here, for the standard, 95-octane Petrol are:
1.95$ per Liter, which means 7.38$ per gallon.
For Diesel:
2.2$ per Liter, which translates to 8.33$ per gallon (I used the 1 Gallon=3.785 liter conversion).

I still think that we have very high car prices, but I can't seem to find the MSRP/price for many cars in the US with the internet (I find many different figures and sometimes I have to ask for a quote etc..). I'll be pleased if anyone will post the price of a Golf GTI (with o options) or just any other car, so that I can compare it to the price here. Thanks!

(edit
Quote by Jacoiskoby
well it would cost less to run the car for you though. You can spend most of your pay just trying to fill up the tank sometimes

Well, after comparing fuel prices, I guess that you're wrong..
ॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐ
Quote by dannyisokay
It's our little online utopia where we smoke with folks from the far corners of the world and say things like "I'm high, heheehehe."

Quote by Ed Hunter

^
Quote by nightraven

Last edited by nutmeg_trippin' at Sep 24, 2008,
Quote by nutmeg_trippin'
Thanks for the reply.
I'm not planning on getting a car, it's just that my interest about our high prices sparked up when I test driven a Golf 1.4 TSI (twincharged) with my dad (he's about to buy one, great car, the best mix of economy and performance).
For Diesel:
2.2$ per Liter, which translates to 8.33$ per gallon (I used the 1 Gallon=3.785 liter conversion).

I still think that we have very high car prices, but I can't seem to find the MSRP/price for many cars in the US with the internet (I find many different figures and sometimes I have to ask for a quote etc..). I'll be pleased if anyone will post the price of a Golf GTI (with o options) or just any other car, so that I can compare it to the price here. Thanks!

(edit

no i live in australia.
Quote by Jaymz_515
I pretend I'm a huge spider laying eggs, then when I flush the toilet I fall to floor screaming "MY CHILLLDRENN!! NOOOO!"

If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
- Mitch Hedberg
Well, the Golf Gti here in Greece costs about 30.000 Euro approximately around 44,029.34 USD so I guess you're a bit pricey.. Although with the leasing and payment methods the price always supercedes the 40 grand standard by at least 5.000 bucks but it's still cheaper than your prices there..
The TSI golf costs 18.000 euro approximately 26.4176 USD, how much does it cost in Israel ?
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Quote by nutmeg_trippin'
Thanks for the reply.
For Diesel:

(edit

does www.kbb.com work for you? At least here in the US it shows how much you should expect to pay for a new car based on the additional stuff and for a used car based on the condition and features.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
This is all relative to the average earnings of the country youre talking about. a loaf of bread costs several million dollars under Mugabi, but then again the average sallery is something like $1billion.

Edit: $1billion per week
Quote by Necrolust
Well, the Golf Gti here in Greece costs about 30.000 Euro approximately around 44,029.34 USD so I guess you're a bit pricey.. Although with the leasing and payment methods the price always supercedes the 40 grand standard by at least 5.000 bucks but it's still cheaper than your prices there..
The TSI golf costs 18.000 euro approximately 26.4176 USD, how much does it cost in Israel ?

The TSI costs 41,500 USD, which is 28,255 Euros. And note that it is the 140hp version, not the 170hp version (known as the 'Golf GT')
ॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐ
Quote by dannyisokay

Quote by Ed Hunter

^
Quote by nightraven

a new golf gti will cost best part of £20,000 upwards here in the U.K, then dont even start about the price of fuel, petrol being around £1.10 a litre (which is cheap at the moment!)
Are you taking into consideration the exchange rates?
Kerry King Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only

Quote by dehollister

and im 14 got any problems ill f*ckin drop you.

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Spooni_Shaq is the best UGer ever, period