I've been playing seriously for about a month now. I can play the "open chords" and some basic riffs (intro to one, intro to second heartbeat, most of Collective Soul's shine) I'm looking for what to do now. I need some songs that are good to play at a camp, but are not the usual. Also, I need some songs that are simple to play so I can practise my open chords. Thanks UG!

and I used the searchbar, it didn't help
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Bob Dylan-Knockin On Heavens Door

Most peopple know the lyrics not to hard to play,perfect campfire song
Heres a quick lesson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciAHTrCRY-Q
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
holy grail - hunters and collectors
brown eyed girl - van morrison.

i started learning guitar when i was 10 and i could do those songs after a month.
Quote by Jaymz_515
I pretend I'm a huge spider laying eggs, then when I flush the toilet I fall to floor screaming "MY CHILLLDRENN!! NOOOO!"

If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
- Mitch Hedberg
The best really is to find the songs you like and learn them. Since you learned the intro to one, I'm guessing you like Metallica. Nothing else matters could be a good idea, seeing as a big part of it is chords, and it can easily be strummed. It also contains a few barre chords, so it could help you with those aswell. Fade to black's verses are also open chords, so you might wanna look into both of these.

That's all I can think of right now. Look into your fav bands and find songs you like that involves open chords.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

bump.

i wouldn't mind knowing some cool riffs to play either!! Come on
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Last edited by bv310 at Sep 26, 2008,