hey all,
I'm installing a new set of BLACKOUTS on my MTM2.
The new setup requires a stereo output jack. The jack that came with the pickups will not fit the MTM2. The MTM2 comes standard with a "Barrel" type jack. I've been all over the web to find out whether the stock jack is Mono or stereo and haven't been able to find out.

Any body know? or is it possible to wire the BLACKOUTS to either a mono or stereo output jack? While Im asking a zillion questions, what are the advantages of a stereo jack anyway?

Thank in advance...
You need a stereo jack to turn them on and off.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
You need a stereo jack to turn them on and off.

SO if I use a mono jack it will drain the battery even though the guitar isn't plugged in?
Quote by LTD-live
SO if I use a mono jack it will drain the battery even though the guitar isn't plugged in?

If you use a mono jack they'll never get turned on so the advantages of having active pups will be gone and I'm not even sure you'll get any sound to be honest.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Depending on how you wire it I'm assuming you'll end up with one or the other - you either have them permanently on, or permanently off, neither is ideal for you I fear
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Depending on how you wire it I'm assuming you'll end up with one or the other - you either have them permanently on, or permanently off, neither is ideal for you I fear

Cool thanks. Upon further research, I think the MTM2 comes stock with a Proline Barrel jack. I'm still unclear as to whether or not its mono or stereo so I've ordered a stereo Barrel jack just in case.
If you go to Ibanez's website and got to the parts section...the part number for the MTM2 and MTM1 are the same. So they are using the same barrel jack but wiring it differently.

MTM1 and MTM2 part #3JK1C12DZ it is the same on both just wired in mono in the MTM2 and Stereo in the MTM1!

I just purchased the MTM2 brand new for $400.00 can't beat that. Wanted a guitar for drop B!

I am waiting for my EMG ZW kit and I just ordered a 3-way switch for it (MTM1 3-way switch.
3PS1CGAE3 THREE WAY SLIDE SWITCH $9.20)because the MTM2 has a 5-way switch for those crappy V7-V8 passives.(3PS1SGAE3)

Also went to Radio Shack and bought a pack of 9v connectors to wire up 2-batteries to make it a 18v. Really simple to try and test to see if you like it. Just plug one connector into the existing battery connector and then wire the batteries in series like this....

I'll let you know how it turns out.

theDogger
Last edited by theDogger at May 27, 2009,