Hey everyone, I've been looking into VHT amps lately because I've heard they have a "dry" sound and that's one of the sound I'm going for. I was looking at a Pitbull Ultralead but they're $3500!. I play any kind of metal, from Korn to All Shall Perish. Which would be better a Deliverance 120 or a Sig:X?
http://groups.ultimat e-guitar.com/aa08s/

Squint your eyes to see clearly. Blur reality to make it real.

Quote by Magic Jim
"Jimmy! Eat your peas!"
"It's not illegal if I don't"
"k, koo"

Imagine if life was like that.

Awesome
VHTs are metal amps. Try them, duh. It's personal preference, at that level.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
I have very little experience with their actual amps, but I can tell you that VHT power amps are the SHIT! Great power amps.
The Deliverance is a sick amp, I would've bought one if I didn't need more than one channel. It's very versatile, but if you need it to be live, not so much.

The Ultralead is awesome, I wanted one of these when I was looking for an amp, but I couldn't find any good ones used for a good price. If you really want the best, I'd go with this one, just look used, you can find them for as low as $1500 if you look hard.

The SigX I wasn't much of a fan of. It was like a cross between the UL and Deliverance, but it needed to be pretty loud to get any decent tones out of it, which you could then get a better tone (imo) out of any of their other heads.

The other Pittbulls are also an option, some are more "metal" than others though, and if you do end up getting one, you want one with a graphic EQ.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
thats like asking "what paintbrush is better for painting?" :p. VHT amps are all good at metal its just up to the player's opinions as to which one is right for them.
Myself? i like the Deliverance
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
Ibanez S470 DXQM
Boss DD-6
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Adding in my opinion, I think VHT's suck. I just hate their sound. I played a Pitbull, hated it (couldn't get the amount of gain that I wanted even at 10), and I've also heard someone play a Deliverance in person. I don't get why people like that "dry" sound, it just sounds so lacking.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
I would go with the deliverance. I played the whole VHT lineup at a guitar center in Pheonix, AZ, I thought all the amps sounded nearly identical.

IMO, the Ultra Lead was basically a deliverance with a GEQ.

For the price of an upper end VHT, I'd go with a used Splawn Nitro, Marshall KK + vox AC30 for stereo rig (buy used of course), framus cobra... and quite a few other amps. When you're considering a $2000 amp
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio