As Title, I have recently got hold of my first second hand electric guitar having trying to learn acoustic for a short while.

I'm unsure as to what the 4 knobs and switch does, ok I can hear differenses when I turn them but have no idea of what there functions are. Here is a pic of my guitar, I can only guess they share the same functions as any other

I know the top right one adjusts volume

the three position switch says rhythm & treble but nothing for center position

Thankyou
it gives you the ability to choose wich pickup to use.neck is more softy while bridge is more treblier( if that's even a word)
Marshall 50 Watt Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960AV
Fender Custom Shop Strat
Ibanez Prestige RG3120
Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster
Strymon Mobius
TC Polytune
TC Flashback
Mad Professor LGW
Fulltone OCD
JOYO Vintage OD
Behringer EQ700
The switch is your pickup selector and the knobs are your volume and tone controls, when you flick it to the treble position it selects the back pickup and on rhythm it selects the front one, in the middle it selects both of them simultaneously. The top right knob as you said is the volume control and the one behind it is your tone, those are both for the treble position, the ones under them are the same but for your rhythm pickup.
k

Treble = the bridge pickup a.k.a, the pickup near the bottom. This puckup is used basically anything distorted, from solos to heavy rhtythms

In between - Use both in either clean or distorted for cool soundign solos or punchy rhythms

Rhythm = The Neck pickup a.k.a the pickup closer to the neck = is used for the clean sounds and if distoreted, also used for really cool sounding solos.

now ur knobs
2 of them are volume for the pickups, as in u can put ur bride pickup at 10 on volume and rhythm at 0 and when u hold a note and switch in between pickups with your swithc, it make a killswitch sound thing w.e

the other 2 knowbs are toen knobs, i dont even thouch mine cuz i dont hear a difference at all but some guitars actually find them useful
Current Gear:
New York Pro - 5 String Beaut
Some tom delonge green strat my friend made
Boss GT-6
Eden DC210XLT Metro Bass Combo 500W (if anyone else has this model and has any insight about it, do pm me)
Well, all has been said.

@dudester410: I have 3 pickups, humbucker, single coil, humbucker. But I personally think the one closest to the neck is better for heavier distorted sounds. Don't know if it's just my guitar though :p (Ibanez GRG170DXL)
Quote by Enclose
Well, all has been said.

@dudester410: I have 3 pickups, humbucker, single coil, humbucker. But I personally think the one closest to the neck is better for heavier distorted sounds. Don't know if it's just my guitar though :p (Ibanez GRG170DXL)

It's just your guitar LOL. I personally h8 the sound of the neck pickup on heavy rythms. Way to bassy.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top