E|---------------------------------------------8---11--|
B|-------------------------------------8---11----------|
G|----------------------------8---10-------------------|
D|-------------------8---10----------------------------|
A|----------8---10-------------------------------------|
E|-8---11----------------------------------------------|

This for example, shredding up the pentatonic scale. best way to maximize speed? (picking direction, finger usage, hammer ons etc)
If "shredding" is defined as a mastering of the instrument (I still think it's one of the lamest terms ever) then there is no specific technique that you should limit your scale practices to.
Press the nitro button.

Quote by garett
(I still think it's one of the lamest terms ever)

THANK YOU! I don't understand how people can be secure with themselves when using that term. Just say to yourself: "I shred." How do you not realize how lame you sound when you this?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Press the nitro button.

THANK YOU! I don't understand how people can be secure with themselves when using that term. Just say to yourself: "I shred." How do you not realize how lame you sound when you this?

shut up if you're not gonna answer my question. when did i ever say im secured or whatever crap u said i am. is it lame to learn new techniques and improving speed?
Last edited by kaystreet at Sep 24, 2008,
Pfft...

Shredding on The Pentatonic is easy. Try combining all the arpeggios into one giant scale, and proceed to shred on it, then I'll be impressed.
I shred too! All my junk mail and sh!t, I'd Rather use the term Mastering than Shredding anyday of the week

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
Quote by saphrax
Agreed.

I prefer to say I solo or I riff.

...or rape
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by saphrax
Agreed.

I prefer to say I solo or I riff.

Or a time tested one: I play.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by kaystreet
shut up if you're not gonna answer my question. when did i ever say im secured or whatever crap u said i am. is it lame to learn new techniques and improving speed?

Sweet Jezus, you're gonna get it now..