I have a Peavey Classic 30, and I think that my tubes need to be replaced. Which tubes should I get to have a good tone for rock and if you could include an approximate price that would be great!
Gear:
Gibson Vintage Mahogany LP
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Classic 30
Seagull Entourage Mini Jumbo
Vox V847A Wahwah pedal
EL34s are pretty good for rock. I had them in my JCM2000 and they were solid tubes. I'm not really that familiar with the Classic 30 however, I've changed to KT77s in my amps. They give a bit more clarity and more gain than EL34s or 6L6s, however some amps can't take them or they just won't fit in the space the amp has. They're a higher power, and larger tube.

As for brands, look at Groove Tubes, Electro-Harmonix, or Svetlana (if you're looking for dirt cheap tubes), and Mullard.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Groove Tubes and EH tubes are pretty bad imo and the Classic 30 runs on EL84s, not EL34s.

JJ is probably what I'd suggest for the poweramp, I'm not really familiar with who makes EL84s.

Preamp, I'd suggest a huge mix of things, if you buy all one kind, you're stuck with that tone. Buy all different kinds, and you can switch them around until you like them best.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
JJ EL-84s FTW
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
JJ/Tesla are the cheap and easy option, they sound ok. Tungsols are ok too. Look into both for preamp tubes. Cost around $10/tube.

Not really familiar with el84s.

What makes you think you need your tubes replaced? Preamp tubes should be able to last for years. Power amp tubes it depends on how hard you drive them.
I think that I need to change by tubes because my sounds keeps dying, and my amp makes a pounding sound every once in a while while I play. I bought the amp used, so idk how long the tubes have been used for.
Gear:
Gibson Vintage Mahogany LP
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Classic 30
Seagull Entourage Mini Jumbo
Vox V847A Wahwah pedal