So last year I got a D in English so I have to resit it this year, last year I did a speech on cricket and bored the class to sleep. So this year i'm doing mine on being ginger and i'm trying to make it funny.

English people in the pit, how did your speech go and what did you do it on?
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
I did one on D-Day, seriously. Class enjoyed it (I think)...

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
I did one on D-Day, seriously. Class enjoyed it (I think)...

A couple of people I know cried last yer from nerves, most were girls though. I shat a brick when I did it last year but I never cried lol.

S A D B O Y S
pace is important, and make the subject matter interesting, decide on a tone and stick with it. e.g be sarcastic (if your ginger rip it out of yourself
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
If you don't want to suck, do something that is actually English related like analyzing any literary work. Why on earth did you choose cricket for - are you teaching the kids how to play?
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Varkunus
pace is important, and make the subject matter interesting, decide on a tone and stick with it. e.g be sarcastic (if your ginger rip it out of yourself

That's what i'm planning, anyone know any ginger jokes I can comment on? atm i've only got the ginger and a brick joke.

S A D B O Y S
Quote by I.O.T.M
A couple of people I know cried last yer from nerves, most were girls though. I shat a brick when I did it last year but I never cried lol.

Haha cried? :S, oh man, I was totally nervous. Just, deep breaths kinda thing though Trick is to not make your voice dull and monotonous (like mine), be exciting.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Haha cried? :S, oh man, I was totally nervous. Just, deep breaths kinda thing though Trick is to not make your voice dull and monotonous (like mine), be exciting.

I nturally have a monotone voice but if i'm sarcastic the voice will go with the sarcasm E.G Jeremy Clarkson.

S A D B O Y S
I did two speeches. Full marks on each. Add me on MSN or something if you want help. English is a doddle and the course is absolute bollocks.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by dylanfg
i have to do a ****ing speakin thing, im in year 10 and im shit at talkin in front of people

I'm in year 12 in six form and as you get older you get better at talking in front of people.

Quote by DigUpHerBones
I did two speeches. Full marks on each. Add me on MSN or something if you want help. English is a doddle and the course is absolute bollocks.

I'll add you in a minute and if I need help i'll message you.

S A D B O Y S
lol hahahahaha. you fool. in mine i just made it up on the spot. and subsequently i got a u for that as it was shite. but i still got an A in my english GCSE so you must really suck
Oh dear you had to do the speech. We were allowed to do drama for ours and work in groups. We ended up doing pulp fiction (big kahuna burger bit) and getting an A*.

edit: oh yeah i was jules (samuel l jackson in that bit) it was good fun. And to the other guy that said he's in year 10 and he can't speak in front of people, trust me you will get much better. I was terrible at speaking in front of people but in year 10 and 11 I got so much better. I'm also in 6th form now btw.
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
Last edited by nikhil101 at Sep 24, 2008,
Quote by I.O.T.M
That's what i'm planning, anyone know any ginger jokes I can comment on? atm i've only got the ginger and a brick joke.

well, there was a campaign by a man 2 years ago who tried to make ginger jokes as politically incorrect as black jokes, so could use that. He said the bost discriminating and popular names used were carrot top and duracel...lol

as for mine, i did mine of Georgie Markov....yeah...
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Quote by TheUnholy
So, apparently "Britain has a large Pakistani community" is now a source of humour?

I hope your Daily Mail strangles you, to be honest.
I had to do mine on Charles Dickens.

I opened my presentation with a game that involved the audience. it was a guess the beard game. i just shopped 6 beards of 6 people and the class had to guess them. and the last beard was Charles Dickens. which led me on to Charles Dickens. I just said all the information with a bit of banter and witty comments involved in it. pretty much just slagged Charles dickens off.

huh? what did I get for that? an A*
Quote by Samnung
im gunna rape u

Quote by GuitarManiac09
Stay away you freak....I dont want you spreading your hideous crab population..

METALLICA AT WEMBLEY 08/07/07
Quote by Craigo
I did two speeches, two A*s. I watched the news, saw the headline, did that. No planning involved.

Raise your voice, don't read off a sheet, look at them, sorted.

We aren't allowed to read off of a sheet, if e want prompts we have to use cue cards

Quote by Bedhead03
lol hahahahaha. you fool. in mine i just made it up on the spot. and subsequently i got a u for that as it was shite. but i still got an A in my english GCSE so you must really suck

Thank you.

S A D B O Y S
Know your subject and just talk about it. You'll do better if you have a genuine interest and are passionate about it.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by I.O.T.M
We aren't allowed to read off of a sheet, if e want prompts we have to use cue cards

Then your teacher is awesome, as getting people to read off the sheet is the worst thing they can do. Cue cards are good though, I do use them myself.
i did tiger woods and got an A*
best trick : find something that can you incorporate a video in, i did that and it worked =]
Fender Telecaster (MIM) <- the sentimental one

Fender USA strat

4 standing Oasis tickets, Cardiff 12th June - selling at face value go!
Quote by Craigo
Then your teacher is awesome, as getting people to read off the sheet is the worst thing they can do. Cue cards are good though, I do use them myself.

You actually have marks deducted I think if you read off of a sheet.

S A D B O Y S
Quote by I.O.T.M
You actually have marks deducted I think if you read off of a sheet.

You do indeed, that's why they shouldn't let them. Also, a lot of people in my class did and they were boring as hell.
Quote by Craigo
You do indeed, that's why they shouldn't let them. Also, a lot of people in my class did and they were boring as hell.

Plus it's kind of cheating to a certain extent.

S A D B O Y S
Quote by Craigo

Aye, I made up 80% of my Romeo and Juliet on the spot, and didn't use notes/cue cards or anything in my first or second presentations (yeah, I just remembered I did three). Used a few props in one of them and had an argument with a load of the audience in the other. Full marks in all .

And now my new English teacher seems to think we all need to do a drama presentation :|
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
If you get to choose a topic, do something more people enjoy, I'm in year 12 now, and last year we all had to choose a topic, so I did the welsh Music scene, went down really well, got like a B or A, trick is, act like you care, make some eye contact, don't be dead still move around and stuff, and you should be fine
I did it on "playing guitar and the acquisition of social status thereof". But we just had to do in front of a teacher, not the class. I got an A*.
I remember how nervous I was before mine, we had to make a sales pitch on a random invention they gave us, I had "Under Water Spa Lights" and I think I did quite well with it, I got an A in the end.
Quote by DigUpHerBones
Aye, I made up 80% of my Romeo and Juliet on the spot, and didn't use notes/cue cards or anything in my first or second presentations (yeah, I just remembered I did three). Used a few props in one of them and had an argument with a load of the audience in the other. Full marks in all .

And now my new English teacher seems to think we all need to do a drama presentation :|

My R+J doubled up for my drama one. Was rad.
Quote by YourVillain
I did it on "playing guitar and the acquisition of social status thereof". But we just had to do in front of a teacher, not the class. I got an A*.

...then you should of got a C/D. The exam board I was on, you had to do it in front of at least 12 people or something or you have a hugely limited grade.
Quote by Craigo
My R+J doubled up for my drama one. Was rad.

That's what I thought it did, and that's what my teacher last year told me it did. This one's too ****ing stupid to breathe and expects me to do another speaking and listening when I've already got as good as I can in thee and only two need to go through!
I did Rugby union and got A*.

I got told to get full marks you need to talk confidently, answer questions confidently, get the audience involved in any way (i passed a rugby trophy i won around). Thats it really.
Some people did pick funny subjects and that didnt get huge applause and A LOT of people did about travelling around the world.

Just make it unique, get people involved and answer questions.

KieronC07
AHA!! I've just written my speech, it took me ten minutes to write just after band practice. Tomorrow shall be a good day if all goes well, I don't know what could possibly go wrong.

S A D B O Y S