I think I may ahve made this thread looooooooooooong time ago.

But anyway. I have a Creative Zen Micro (6GB), it's one of the real old ones and it hasn't been used in a while. I found it again when finding a new set of earphones.

Problem with it, the headphone jack seems to be messed up, you have to hold the jack in place (as in push it to the left) to get stereo audio.

If I stop pressing it against the side then it just has either left or right ear (which is annoying).

Anyone know how to fix this?
The only way I can think this would be happening is if one of the contacts has moved inside the jack so that it's not touching the pin when inserted, to fix it you're going to have to open the unit and bend the contact back into a position where it'll actually touch the headphone pin when it's inserted.
Quote by freedoms_stain
The only way I can think this would be happening is if one of the contacts has moved inside the jack so that it's not touching the pin when inserted, to fix it you're going to have to open the unit and bend the contact back into a position where it'll actually touch the headphone pin when it's inserted.

Cool sounds like itd work.

And I do have a new mp3 player, I was thinking of selling it and going back to this one though. Never let me down (apart from this obviously).
me and my brothers all had this problem, we had to take it back. Bit late for ur guarantee though!
I have the same MP3 player. The trick is just to keep the headphones plugged in. They're pretty reliable old MP3 players, actually. I've got some dead pixels in mine, but I've had it for yonks.

But yeah, I'd say take it apart. Just be careful what you do (e.g. think carefully before doing anything, and don't touch the screen)
Sometimes it's not as easy as bending the contact back, if you can't get to it. On my sony where the contact met the circuit board was actually broken. I soldered there to connect the two but it only held for a little while.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
yeah dude, i have the same thing, except the 5GB one. I put up with it for a while but i finally just sent it back to the manufacturer, they sent me a brand spankin new 6GB for free
Quote by Union Jake

Long story short, 10 minutes later we were all sat there jerking off. (Our own, not each others)

Quote by Union Jake
How am i gay? I was jerking it to the women, and i didn't look at my roomates things.
Well, time to get a Chromatic then.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
Quote by NotAGuitarHero
Well, time to get a Chromatic then.

I already have a new mp3 player..

But.. A Chromatic?