Page 1 of 2
That neck looks ace.
Cheers!
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

I'm sorry, but that just seemed unreasonably excessive. We all know what bubble wrap and newspaper look like.

Nevertheless, its a sweet guitar. Congrats.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
lol yeah sorry about all the newspapers and wrapping. got a little overexcited and you know how hard it is to undress all these wrapping without time consuming
oh right lol, sorry i forgot to mention it due to the over excitement of the guitar

its a japanese 1957 reissued 2 tone sunburst strat. its from 1985-1987 sporting texas special pickups
Last edited by kckyle at Sep 24, 2008,
I'm not usually a strat-guy, but damn that looks nice!
Great purchase!
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio Ebony/Gold
Jackson RR5 Ivory w/Black Pinstripes
Epiphone Les Paul 100 *For Sale*
Yamaha FX370C
Marshall AVT150HX + AVT4x12
congrats

Now - serial number or it didn't happen.
Also put in Strat Lovers thread too for the candy.
And is it me or does that neck look excessively bowed in? Actually I think it is that background that is playing tricks on me. he he later,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
congrats

Now - serial number or it didn't happen.
Also put in Strat Lovers thread too for the candy.
And is it me or does that neck look excessively bowed in? Actually I think it is that background that is playing tricks on me. he he later,

ergh you guys are so demanding lol. na the neck was set up before it left the shop. i paid them 50 bucks extra to have it set up so i dont have to do it myself once it arrive.
It's really sexy, I'm sure it sounds phenomenal on that Hughes...

I must say, I'm quite jealous. I don't own any strats, but If I did, it like to get one in that 2-tone Sunburst that you got. They look freakin awesome!
Quote by hellrazzer24

I must say, I'm quite jealous. I don't own any strats, but If I did, it like to get one in that 2-tone Sunburst that you got. They look freakin awesome!

chances are your going to have to import it from japan like i did since there aren't alot of japanese strats in the states. i'm pretty sure their more popular in europe and other continent
sweet! enjoy jamming!
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by hellrazzer24

I bet that SG does too. Congrats Kyle! Nice gear man.

Edit: I hope you saved enough money to get a proper case, gig bag =
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
decent guitar, you need to relic it up a bit. are those mids where you normally play them at? You need to boost your mids
Don't relic that guitar whatever you do. Relicing guitars is just fake and stupid.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
I've been a humbucker kinda guy but I am getting GAS for that twangy sound of single-coils....your thread didn't help lol.

SEXY axe! Congrats!

Chris
Quote by gregs1020
I bet that SG does too. Congrats Kyle! Nice gear man.

Edit: I hope you saved enough money to get a proper case, gig bag =

thanks! i ordered a fender tweed hardshell couple days ago. it should be here by this friday. only bad part about japanese guitar is they come with the crappiest gig bag. and here i thought my old tele gig bag was a total turd

Quote by Hultan
Don't relic that guitar whatever you do. Relicing guitars is just fake and stupid.

. i was originally going to sand it down and yellow it up a bit cause i don't really like the plain maple color. but the picture the seller sent me did not do justice and it turns out the neck has alrdy gain a very good amount of aging and it certainly does vintage.

Quote by RCShadow
I've been a humbucker kinda guy but I am getting GAS for that twangy sound of single-coils....your thread didn't help lol.

SEXY axe! Congrats!

Chris

yeah i been a humbucker guy as well. went though 2 les paul and a prs before going for a strat. even though i have this awesome strat my favoritism still leaning towards my sg. but they do sound different and i just use the strat for lighter stuff and leave all the distortions for the sg
That was like scrolling through photos of a striptease
Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500M
Ibanez GAX-70
Crate V-18 112
BYOC Overdrive TS808 Clone
Vox Pathfinder 15R
How do Japanese ' 57s compare to USs?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Ha, the guitar slowly emerging from the box reminds me of Godzilla coming out of the water.

I like it (as well as the SG and H&K).
Saint Louis Blues
Quote by theinnerpalm
That was like scrolling through photos of a striptease

haha.

Quote by lespaul#1
How do Japanese ' 57s compare to USs?

i tried out the american 57 strat and to be honest they feel and look about the same. even the tone is very very similiar. the big difference was i paid 580usd while the american 57 is around 1.4 grand. not to mention they comes with the fugly black plastic tolex case.
K, because the Japanese one ones are a third of the cost. If they sound/feel the same, I could buy Japanese.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by lespaul#1
K, because the Japanese one ones are a third of the cost. If they sound/feel the same, I could buy Japanese.

haha yeah. i was originally gonna get a mexican deluxe player, but then i saw the reissues models from japan and i was stumped by all the great reviews and rediculous price they are. this is the best buy yet since when i got my sg for 790

Quote by JLT73
sweet! enjoy jamming!

awesome thanks
Thanks TS, enjoy!
Quote by chip46
nice guitar, is that a line 6 amp? lol
My Rig

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Honey Burst
Fender MIM Stratocaster Ash Natural
Crate v18 2x12
Eleven Rack
Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret
BBE Sonic Stomp
BMP with Tone Wicker
Dunlop Cry Baby
Quote by Ron Burgandy
decent guitar, you need to relic it up a bit. are those mids where you normally play them at? You need to boost your mids

Hahah... can you even see his mids?

Also, have you heard his setup? How do you know he needs to boost his mids?

To TS, that's quite a rig you got there. Very nice.

This Guy is Stupid.
|
\/
Quote by Checker

thats only half of my rigs.

yes it is a line 6 amp. i use that for tuning and sound check thank you very much
Quote by Checker

LOL i said the same thing in my head. how in the world would he know i need to boost my mid. i know my camera's quality is good but not THAT good.
Wow, that is gooooooooooooooorgeous.

That neck looks amazing.

Really great deal, where did you order it from?
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
I meant, did you order it from a specific site or eBay or something?
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
well i did find them on ebay while looking for one of these burny and and greco guitars awhile ago. luckily i was in the market for a japanese guitar so i sent them a email and ask them if they have couple reissued or vintage strats and they sent me pics and quotes on them.
Quote by TheBax
my virginity is still up for grabs!

changes are you're going to give it up willingly with some drunk girl at a party in the near future.
no puns intended for the line 6, i was just wondering. that neck is hot
My Rig

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Honey Burst
Fender MIM Stratocaster Ash Natural
Crate v18 2x12
Eleven Rack
Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret
BBE Sonic Stomp
BMP with Tone Wicker
Dunlop Cry Baby
Page 1 of 2