Okies... time for a wee rant.

Our brilliant government has decided in all their infinite wisdom to give away free food to combat obesity

I mean what the f**k, free food to combat obesity!!

Am I the only one who sees a minor flaw in this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7525054.stm

anyhu link... and w/e!!
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
It's healther than what they would eat otherwise.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Don't get me started. Everything about Labour is wrong.

Actually looking at this it seems to be a fairly decent policy. It wasn't their idea though - the unions forced them to adopt this.
British*

Well they give away money on a seemingly random basis with EMA in colleges, so why not food too?

lololololololo.
Silly TS.

You get obese from eating the junk food crap that they sell at supermarkets. Free healthy meals for poor kids whose families would probably buy that rubbish is a good idea.

The government should work with the big food retailers to make sure that there are cheaper, healthier options for people to buy instead so that they do not send their kids to an early grave.
It's a good idea. (Free) healthy food > (non-free) junk food
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
Quote by Jackolas
British*

Well they give away money on a seemingly random basis with EMA in colleges, so why not food too?

lololololololo.

haha tell me about it

Oh and I wonder how many schools will adhere to the healthy eating thang tho

Our school won an award for being "healthy" and all they did is sell pizzas and salads instead of chips.

Also, they sell fizzy drinks that have more sugar than cola in them... yet bizarrely are "healthy"

But... there is a wee flaw in giving away free food to all kids, to combat obesity!
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
Quote by vulgarmachine

But... there is a wee flaw in giving away free food to all kids, to combat obesity!

Not if they're only making healthy food free.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by vulgarmachine

its not as if their giving them mcdonalds, its a free meal, you eat one everyday, everyone should regardless of their weight
Sig space available, give me some praise
Quote by vulgarmachine
Oh and I wonder how many schools will adhere to the healthy eating thang tho

Here in California (it might even be a national thing, I'm not sure) schools are no longer allowed to serve food deemed "unhealthy" by the board of education. Of course, it takes piss-poor parenting to blame a school because your kid got fat. The kid gets ONE meal from school. ONE meal. One meal does not a fat kid make.
You have no sense TS. There not giving away as many as you want. The idea is to prevent kids buying 10 burgers for dinner and only having to eat a reasonable sized healthy option.
Quote by akack
We beat you 6-0 you stupid mother ****er.

"Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The monty Python appreciation society"
Indeed, if healthy meals are free, parents will stop paying for unhealthy meals and make them eat the healthy stuff.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
If it weren't for the question of where this would get funded from, especially in the current economic climate, I would fully support this.

School kids are guaranteed a healthy meal once a day, and they have to pay extra to be unhealthy. I don't think there are many parents, especially those who don't have a lot of spare money, who would refuse the offer to have a decent lunch provided for their kids.

However, the implications of this saving £300 per child for the families does make you wonder if it is fully thought through, or if a good idea with flaws has been put forwards to try and boost labour ratings.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Eating the wrong type of food is the number 1 cause of obesity.

I'd rather they educated people about food rather than giving it away, but we'll see how this works out.
Quote by gm jack
If it weren't for the question of where this would get funded from, especially in the current economic climate, I would fully support this.
It's less than £20 million. Scrapping ID cards would raise most of that money.
Honestly, parents send kids to school with all sorts of crap. pepperamis, cheesestrings, etc. A lot of it too. Free school meals for all is only ever going to improve things, not make things worse, for the kids.