The Hoosiers say they're 'odd pop' but I couldn't exactly see that so i just shoved it in the indie section (:
Anyone like them?
I think they're great, amazing live too.
pff there sell out kiddie rock, the singer wishes hes matt bellamy, there songs got overplayed to the point of annoyance, i didnt mind them at first, but i think there massivly held back by the fact that they make silly songs aimed for the "pop" market, as musicians i think they have talent but are seriously going in the wrong direction, and there live shows dont impress me, the superman costumes and all the silly people that come out, cant they just play?

if they disbanded and came back with a new name and made slightly more serious music and stayed away from the deliberate sillyness i might like them.
Quote by lefthandman9876
pff there sell out kiddie rock, the singer wishes hes matt bellamy, there songs got overplayed to the point of annoyance, i didnt mind them at first, but i think there massivly held back by the fact that they make silly songs aimed for the "pop" market, as musicians i think they have talent but are seriously going in the wrong direction, and there live shows dont impress me, the superman costumes and all the silly people that come out, cant they just play?

if they disbanded and came back with a new name and made slightly more serious music and stayed away from the deliberate sillyness i might like them.

i kind of agree. singer has a good voice but they seem quite pretentious. they're alright.
Omg, you people have no taste.

I bet you've only heard Goodbye Mr A and Worried About Ray.
You can't judge them by those songs.

And it's called odd pop for a reason.
They dress up to be different.
There's no other band like them, it would be boring it they were all the same.
Last edited by Hoosierette at Sep 24, 2008,
like i said, they're alright. saw them on that abbey road programme, nothing special. i would be surprised if anyone else on UG likes the hoosiers as much as you.